David G. BeauchampDavid Beauchamp Clark Hill
David G. Beauchamp
David G. Beauchamp practices primarily in the areas of corporate law, securities, venture capital and private equity transactions with an emphasis on financing, acquiring or developing rapid growth companies in the areas of technology, biotechnology, aerospace and other emerging growth industries in the United States and overseas. He represents both venture capital/private capital, as well as private and publicly traded companies with potential for rapid growth.
David represents venture capital and private funds in their efforts to raise funds ranging from a couple million dollars to hundreds of million and in the subsequent investment of those funds. He also represents entrepreneurs and growth companies, and has documented mergers, acquisitions and private and public offerings for companies to raise funds well in excess of $100 million. David has represented management, investors and financial sources in a wide variety of LBO and MBO acquisitions and ESOP transactions. He has represented borrowers and related beneficiaries in structuring and documenting various public bond financings. In the last twenty plus years, he has prepared or been involved in the preparation and documentation of several hundred private offerings of securities. While David focuses on financings for high technology and biotechnology companies, clients have included manufacturing, aerospace, telecommunication, health management, software, restaurant, retail, service and real estate companies.
David is active in structuring and documenting financial investments, including warrants, shareholder agreements, voting agreements, limited liability company operating agreements, stock options plans, executive compensation plans, joint ventures, licensing agreements and routine business contracts. He has structured and documented sophisticated cross-border transactions and complex purchase agreements and financings for private equity and venture capital funds.
- Testified before the Arizona Senate Finance Committee on several occasions concerning proposed legislation affecting Research & Development and Capital Formation Issues, 2008, 2011, 2012, and 2013.
- Appeared on the “Horizon” public television show to discuss a Fund of Funds proposal and various other legislative proposals to enhance capital availability for growth stage companies in Arizona, 2012.
- “Solar in Action,” Panel Moderator at Arizona Solar Manufacturing Symposium, 2010.
- “Introduction to the Arizona Fund of Funds,” Arizona Technology Council and Phoenix M&A Roundtable, 2010.
- “Arizona’s Technology Industries ‘Past, Present & Future,’ What it Means to Mergers & Acquisitions and our State’s Future,” Phoenix M&A Roundtable, 2009.
- “Business Law Updates,” American Society of Women Accountants, 2008.
- “Capital & Commercialization,” discussing technology development and status of capital formation in Arizona, presented to the “Arizona Competitiveness Group” and Arizona economic development leaders, 2007.
- “Building a BioTech Company: Achieving the Right Balance,” Arizona BioExpo, 2003.
- “Recent Capital Formation Efforts in AZ and Strategy to Fund New BioTech Companies,” The Arizona Chamber of Commerce Economic Development Committee, 2002.