Daniel M. BorekDaniel Borek Clark Hill
Daniel M. Borek
Daniel M. Borek is a Senior Attorney in Clark Hill's Real Estate group, based in the firm's Chicago office. Daniel's practice concentrates on real estate, corporate and general commercial transactions. He has represented clients in several industries including real estate, health care, hospitality, manufacturing as well as emerging industries like hemp-based products and cannabis.
As part of his real estate practice Daniel focuses on the acquisition, disposition and leasing of commercial and residential real estate. He has represented individuals, investors and associations with respect to real estate transactions including condominium deconversions.
In addition to his real estate work, Daniel has built a complementary business and corporate practice that includes experience in assisting business owners, corporate boards and in-house counsel with a range of legal matters that include business formation, governance, capitalization, operations, and mergers and acquisitions.
He works collaboratively with members across the firm as well as his clients’ service providers which include accountants and financial advisors in order to address their needs, solve their current legal problems, and work to forestall future ones.
Selected Representations Include:
- As part of the team, advised in the acquisition and deconversion of a 350 plus unit condominium building
- As part of the team, advised in the sale and deconversion of a 150 plus unit condominium building.
- Represented one of the largest methadone operators in the state of Illinois with respect to general corporate and real estate matters.
- Advised in the acquisition and disposition of health care enterprises that include an audiology practice and dental practices.
- Represented a not-for-profit organization with respect to general corporate matters, including the negotiation of service and hospitality agreements with some of the world’s largest hotel operators.
- Represented a behavioral science consultant with respect to numerous professional service agreements involving pharmaceutical and airline companies.
- Represented business owners with respect to the capitalization of a hemp operation in Oregon.
- As part of the team, assisted with numerous applications for cannabis cultivation and dispensary licenses.
- Represented vertically integrated privately and publicly held cannabis companies across the country with respect to general corporate matters, restructuring and acquisitions.