Chris S. HopkinsChris Hopkins Clark Hill
Chris S. Hopkins
Chris Hopkins is an Associate in the Litigation Practice Group in Clark Hill’s Chicago Office. Recognized by Illinois Super Lawyers as a “Rising Star” for 2018, Chris Hopkins helps individuals, business owners, and financial institutions navigate complex generational transfers of wealth, businesses, and real property. Chris also assists clients with estate, trust, and guardianship administration. Corporate and individual fiduciaries rely on Chris to represent their interests in complex litigation involving claims for breach of fiduciary duty, fraud, negligence, and other post-death estate challenges. Real estate developers, owners, and contractors also look to Chris to assist them with the formation of entities and to represent their interests in shareholder, construction, and Mechanics Lien actions.
Outside of the office, Chris is a member of the Auxiliary Board of Lawyers Land-A-Hand to Youth which uses the Chicago legal community’s resources to support mentoring and tutoring programs for at-risk youth. Chris also supports Teen Living Programs, an organization raising awareness and support for Chicago-area youth experiencing homelessness. Chris was also a member of the Chicago Bar Association’s 2017 Leadership Institute composed of 18 lawyers from law firms and corporate legal departments in the Chicagoland area. While Chris continues to play, “competitive” ice hockey and enjoys learning about new places to scuba dive, Chris spends most of his free time chasing around his adopted pound puppy, Hank.
- Presenter, “Representing Estate and Trust Beneficiaries and Fiduciaries,” American Law Institute, July 2018
- Three Critical Concepts for Guardianship Proceedings: How to Pursue A Divorce Decree, Estate Plan and Manage the Ward’s Adult Children, Chicago Bar Association Trust Law Committee, April 2018
- Powers of Attorney and Guardianship: What a Social Worker Needs to Know; Loyola University Chicago, February 2018
- Estate Planning for Adjudicated Adults with Disabilities and Recent Updates to Laws Pertaining to Guardian of Person; Chicago Bar Association Elder Law Committee, January 2018
- Powers of Attorney and Guardianship: What a Social Worker Needs to Know; Loyola University Chicago, November 2017
- Presenter, “Heeding the Red Flags – Spotting Financial Exploitation,” Paychex Seminar, September 2017
- Co-Presenter, “Powers of Attorney & Guardianship: What You Need to Know,” Social Work Age Training, Rush University Hospital, April 2017
- Co-Presenter, “Representing Principals in Difficult Situations,” IICLE® 12th Annual Elder Law Short Course, November 2016
- Presenter, “Commercial Evictions: Navigating the Dispute,” Young Lawyers Real Estate Section of the Chicago Bar Association, November 2016
- Moderator, “Commercial Real Estate Leasing,” Young Lawyers Real Estate Section of the Chicago Bar Association, November 2016