Charles L. Armstrong
Charles L. Armstrong represents clients in commercial litigation and insurance coverage matters with a focus on fidelity, commercial crime, and directors and officer’s insurance coverage and defense, construction disputes, and corporate investigations.
Charles focuses his practice on representing and advising insurers on coverage analysis and investigation, coverage litigation, and other matters concerning financial institution bonds, employee theft and dishonesty, social engineering losses, cyber-crime and computer fraud claims, and warehouse lending. Charlie also represents business clients in construction disputes and advises on corporate investigations.
Prior to joining Clark Hill, Charlie served as Chief Compliance Officer and Deputy General Counsel for a multinational manufacturing company where he led a global team of more than thirty lawyers and other professionals with responsibility for all areas of legal and regulatory compliance, corporate investigations, litigation, bankruptcy and commercial contracting.
Charlie’s in-house experience gives him a unique perspective on the challenges clients face in balancing the costs and risks of litigation with business and stakeholder considerations. Working closely with clients to avoid issues before they arise and advising on practical, cost-effective remedial or preventative measures when issues do arise are both integral parts of Charlie’s practice.
Charlie is an active member of the Fidelity & Surety Law Committee of the American Bar Association and the Fidelity Law Association. He also writes and speaks on various fidelity and litigation topics and is an editor for New Appleman on Insurance Law, and co-chairman of the FSLC sub-committee for video training.
ABA Tort Trial and Insurance Practice Section
Defense Research Institute
Texas General Counsel Forum
Houston Compliance Counsel Exchange
Dallas Chapter of Association of Corporate Counsel
State Bar Licenses
- Getting a Bigger Bang for your Litigation Buck, Texas Lawyer, In-House Focus Supplement, Aug. 2017.
- Warehouse Lending Losses Under the Financial Institution Bond, XII Fid. L. J. 1.
- Misguided Limitations on the Surety’s Subrogation Rights, FOR THE DEFENSE, VOL. 47, NO. 9.
- The IRS and the Surety: Prying from Cold, Dead Hands, Gulf Coast Fidelity & Surety Institute.
- Fidelity Law Update, Joint Program of the Fidelity Law Association and Fidelity & Surety Law Committee of the American Bar Association, Nov. 2020.
- Presenter, Northeast Surety and Fidelity Claims Conference, Sept. 2020.
- Panelist, Managing Construction Defaults, ALFA Construction Law Conference, 2014.