Charles L. ArmstrongCharles Armstrong Clark Hill
Charles L. Armstrong
Charles (Charlie) L. Armstrong is Senior Counsel in Clark Hill Strasburger's Fidelity, Surety & Coverage group, based in the firm's Dallas office. Charlie is an experienced litigator and legal counselor who represents clients in the areas of fidelity, surety, construction, insurance coverage, commercial disputes and corporate investigations. His breadth of experience enables him to advise clients on how to avoid issues before they arise and, when they do, provide zealous representation and effective resolutions.
Prior to joining Clark Hill Strasburger, Charlie served as Chief Compliance Officer and Deputy General Counsel for a large multinational S&P 500 company where he led a global team of lawyers and other professionals with responsibility for all areas of legal and regulatory compliance, anti-corruption and anti-bribery, corporate investigations, compliance training and communications, and data privacy and GDPR compliance. Charlie also regularly handled complicated regulatory matters including FCPA and international anti-bribery matters, securities and financial disclosures issues, and trade compliance enforcement actions. Prior to serving in the Chief Compliance Officer role, Charlie served as Vice President of Legal in charge of litigation, commercial contracting, bankruptcy and intellectual property protection.
Publications & Presentations:
- Getting a Bigger Bang for your Litigation Buck, Texas Lawyer, In-House Focus Supplement, Aug. 2017.
- Warehouse Lending Losses Under the Financial Institution Bond, XII Fid. L. J. 1.
- Misguided Limitations on the Surety’s Subrogation Rights, FOR THE DEFENSE, VOL. 47, NO. 9.
- The IRS and the Surety: Prying from Cold, Dead Hands, Gulf Coast Fidelity & Surety Institute.
- Panelist, Managing Construction Defaults, ALFA Construction Law Conference, 2014.