Brooks CastonBrooks Caston Clark Hill
Brooks Caston’s practice focuses primarily on instructing families and individuals on how to safeguard their legacies through estate planning and trusts strategies. His experience includes preparing wills and trusts, probate and estate administration, marital deduction trusts, life insurance trusts, gift planning, gift and estate tax return preparation and family limited partnerships.
Brooks also advises nonprofit and tax-exempt organizations on how best to protect their philanthropic efforts, including entity formation, tax-exempt status applications (Form 1023), and IRS information returns. He has experience representing nonprofits and tax-exempt organizations before the IRS.
- Co-Presenter. Estate Planning Update, Clark Hill Strasburger's Tax Symposium (November 2019)
- Estate Planning Update, Clark Hill Strasburger’s Tax Symposium (November 2018)
- State Tax Update, Strasburger's Tax Symposium (November 2017)
- Portability Planning After Rev. Proc. 2016-49, Client Presentation (December 2016)
- State Tax Update, Strasburger's Tax Symposium (November 2016)
- Texas Margin Tax and Sales Tax Update, Strasburger's Tax Symposium (September 2015)
- Coordinating Beneficiary Designations with the Overall Estate Plan, Dallas Bar Association Headnotes, Volume 43, Number 12 (December 2018)
- The Silver Lining: Deferring Tax on Insurance Proceeds after Storms, Strasburger Tax Strategies (May 2016)
- Texas Oil & Gas Producers Should Consider Protective Refund Claims for Oil & Gas Downhole Production Equipment, Strasburger Energy, Oil & Gas Newsletter (May 2016)
- Spotlight on Problems With Form 1023-EZ Approval Rates and IRS Public Databases of Exempt Organizations, Family Foundation Advisor (March/April 2016)
- Co-author. Document Retention Policies - Why Are They Necessary?, Family Foundation Advisor (March/April 2015)