Benjamin I. Shipper
Benjamin I. Shipper litigates commercial and employment disputes, including noncompetition and other contract matters, business torts, wrongful termination claims, and collection matters.
Ben represents clients of all sizes, including individual employees, shareholders or members in closely held companies, corporate managers and executives, municipalities, and various sizes of corporate organizations, from family-owned organizations to publicly traded companies. Although he primarily appears in Michigan state and federal courts, Ben has appeared pro hac vice in multiple out-of-state matters when his clients’ needs extend outside of Michigan.
Named among Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America® in Commercial Litigation by Best Lawyers (2022)
Michigan Super Lawyers Rising Star, Business Litigation (2021)
Oakland County Bar Association
State Bar of Michigan
State Bar Licenses
- Act as corporate counsel for small, closely held organizations on a variety of contract, employment, and insurance matters.
- Successfully achieved preliminary injunction on behalf of staffing company client against a former employee who breached his noncompetition agreement and misappropriated client’s trade secrets.
- Defended former employee wrongfully accused of breaching non-competition agreement.
- Defended specialty manufacturer against claims for trade secret misappropriation.
- Defended specialty vehicle manufacturer against wrongful termination claim by former employee terminated for fraudulent conduct.
- Defended and pursued counterclaims on behalf of land developer against adjacent property owner in declaratory judgment action to quiet title on an easement.
- Represented national defense contractor against multiple suppliers for breach of contract.