Ben WeibleBen Weible Clark Hill
Ben Weible brings real-world construction experience to his litigation practice. He represents clients in surety claims, construction disputes, professional liability matters, and commercial litigation.
Before becoming an attorney, Ben worked in the construction industry as a project manager and trade compliance manager in the services division of a Fortune 50 home improvement company. He is also a licensed master electrician and has experience as an estimator and project manager for building automation and energy conservation projects.
- Obtained jury verdict for client as second-chair trial attorney in five-week, multiparty jury trial defending surety against $1.5MM performance bond claim related to the allegedly defective construction of foundation piers.
- Obtained dismissal of Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation complaints for electrical and air conditioning contractors.
- Obtained summary judgment based on an attorney/receiver's derived judicial immunity from claims of breach of fiduciary duty, fraud, and negligence arising from an underlying business liquidation and divorce. Upheld on appeal to the Second District of Texas Court of Appeals.
- Obtained summary judgment for real-estate attorney alleged to have committed breach of contract, wrongful foreclosure, conversion, and negligence in the handling of a foreclosure sale.
- Obtained dismissal of claims against insurance carrier arising from the alleged failure to pay claims under homeowner policy.
- Represented Fortune 500 insurance carrier as first-chair attorney in jury trial for breach of contract claims arising from alleged lightning damage to HVAC equipment.
- Assisted in obtaining favorable settlement of defamation and tortious interference with contract claims filed against an insurance agent in a lawsuit with the Texas Citizens Participation Act (Chapter 27 of the Texas Civil Practice & Remedies Code) at issue.
- Obtained directed verdict on fraud, DTPA, insurance code and negligence claims as second-chair trial attorney for an insurance agency.