Austin Mercer supports companies in mergers and acquisitions, securities offerings, and other fundamental transactions. He also advises businesses on day-to-day matters, including corporate governance and commercial transactions.
Dallas Bar Association, Member
Member, Church of the Incarnation Community Outreach Program
State Bar Licenses
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Counseled a private equity fund in connection with the acquisition of a majority interest in a late-stage venture capital portfolio company.
- Assisted a software development company with its sale to a private equity group.
- Represented a publicly-held mineral distribution company in its sale of assets to, and strategic joint venture with, a midstream energy company.
- Assisted a national hospital system with the acquisition of a regional hospital system.
Private Securities Offerings
- Counseled an independent sponsor in connection with its fund formation, securities offerings, and portfolio acquisition.
- Assisted a real estate investment group with a private offering of preferred stock in a U.S. REIT in order to meet certain REIT eligibility requirements.
- Represented a beverage manufacturer with its private offering of common stock.
- Assisted a tech start-up offering convertible notes to various investors as part of its first round of funding.
- Restricted Equity vs. Phantom Equity: Incentive Plans for LLCs, Strasburger’s Closely-Held Companies Blog (March 2017)
- Blockchain and Banking: Anticipating Federal Regulation in the US, Strasburger’s Lender Alert (April 2016)
- Co-author, Hot Topics Impacting the Oil & Gas Industry, 2015 ALFA International Oil, Gas & Energy Annual Meeting (November 2015)