Austin MercerAustin Mercer Clark Hill
Austin Mercer is a member of the firm's Corporate & Securities practice group. He primarily represents companies in private mergers and acquisitions, private securities offerings, and counsels them on corporate governance issues. Austin also has experience advising financial institutions in connection with various lending transactions.
MERGERS & ACQUISITIONS
- Assisted a software development company with its sale to a private equity group.
- Represented a publicly-held mineral distribution company in its sale of assets to, and strategic joint venture with, a midstream energy company.
- Assisted a large hospital system with the acquisition of a smaller hospital system.
PRIVATE SECURITIES OFFERINGS
- Assisted a real estate investment group with a private offering of preferred stock in a U.S. REIT in order to meet certain REIT eligibility requirements.
- Represented a beverage manufacturer with its private offering of common stock.
- Assisted a tech start-up offering convertible notes to various investors as part of its first round of funding.
COMMERCIAL FINANCE TRANSACTIONS
- Representation of lender loans to doctor groups to finance the development of free standing emergency departments.
- Documented amendments to existing credit facilities of companies in the energy and health care industries.
- Representation of lender in foreclosure of commercial real estate property.
- Advised lender with respect to title issues on multiple loans secured by owner occupied real estate.
- Restricted Equity vs. Phantom Equity: Incentive Plans for LLCs, Strasburger's Closely-Held Companies Blog (March 2017)
- Blockchain and Banking: Anticipating Federal Regulation in the US, Strasburger's Lender Alert (April 2016)
- Co-author. Hot Topics Impacting the Oil & Gas Industry, 2015 ALFA International Oil, Gas & Energy Annual Meeting (November 2015)