Ashley A. EscuderoAshley Escudero Clark Hill
Ashley A. Escudero
Ashley Escudero is a skilled civil litigator, with experience in product liability, long-term care, labor and employment, and other commercial matters. In the long-term care sector, Ashley represents corporate and individual clients in cases against residential care facilities for the elderly (RCFEs) and skilled nursing facilities involving claims of elder abuse/neglect, intentional torts, wrongful death, fraud, emotional distress, unfair business practices, and violation of statutory duties. She has obtained multiple defense verdicts in high-value cases alleging egregious misconduct.
In the product liability area, Ashley represents pharmaceutical, biotech, and medical device companies as well as consumer-product manufacturers and distributors in individual cases and multidistrict litigation at the state and federal levels. She has successfully represented manufacturers in claims involving spinal implants, neuro-monitoring devices, hip implants, bone plates and screws, catheters, needles and syringes, lasers, cold therapy devices, pain pumps, and vena cava filters, and cases involving heavy machinery, roller coasters, and e-cigarettes.
Additionally, Ashley has successfully defended corporate clients in employment and general commercial matters, including contractual disputes, unfair competition, and unfair business practices matters.
Ashley’s background also includes estate planning, probate, premises liability, intellectual property, medical malpractice, and professional license defense.
- Co-Presenter, "Risk Management Tools for Healthcare Providers: Documentation," LeadingAge California Annual Conference, May 2018
- Co-Author, "San Diego college finds complying with CFRA is a two-way street," California Employment Law Letter, January 30, 2017
- Co-Author, "2017 update: California Legislature enacts employment laws for private, public sector," California Employment Law Letter, November 21, 2016
- Legal Commentator, "Real Radio Now" on ESPN Radio 1700
- Co-Author, "Court of appeal SLAPPs down professor’s discrimination lawsuit," California Employment Law Letter, September 21, 2015