Andrew F. NewmanAndrew Newman Clark Hill
Andrew F. Newman
Andrew Newman has experience representing companies and individuals involved in a wide range of commercial disputes with an emphasis on litigation involving the technology and manufacturing industries, as well as insurers, lenders, guarantors and aviation companies. These representations involve complex contract, business tort, and noncompete issues. Andrew has significant experience defending products liability claims. He has also assisted clients with internal investigations regarding compliance issues. Andrew also has experience advising companies on antitrust compliance relating to mergers.
- Representation of global IT services provider in breach of contract dispute over software implementation
- Representation of software consulting firm in arbitration dispute over software development project
- Representation of a Korean biotech company in breach-of-contract dispute over a stem-cell technology license and purchase agreement
- Successful defense of highway safety product manufacturer in multiple actions alleging claims of design defect and negligence
- Successful defense of nationwide health and fitness chain in a consumer class action lawsuit involving contract disputes and dues and fees paid
- Advised national telecom company on merger with prepaid wireless carrier to ensure compliance with antitrust regulations
- Advised national telecom company on merger with nation’s largest direct broadcast satellite service provider to ensure compliance with antitrust regulations
- Counsel in a state court jury trial for an environmental waste disposal company, resulting in a complete defense verdict, as well as damages for the client for its breach of fiduciary duty and fraud claims, and recovery of client’s attorneys’ fees
- Representation of a global supplier of oil field services in breach-of-contract dispute relating to a long-term sand supply agreement
- Representation of third-party vendors in defense of clawback claims brought by the receiver appointed to collect assets for the benefit of the creditors of an international bank
- Successful defense of the guarantor of a loan secured by an aircraft in a deficiency suit brought by the bank by claiming the collateral was mishandled by the bank, resulting in a favorable settlement
- Representation of a manufacturer of engineered roofing systems in a dispute over a roofing guarantee; obtained a favorable settlement for the client in the suit pending in federal court in Arizona; successfully prosecuted claims on behalf of the same company against the manufacturer of defective adhesive in AAA arbitration in Dallas, resulting in a favorable settlement
- Obtained a significant trial victory for local ministries in a lawsuit against the City of Dallas to invalidate an ordinance restricting clients’ ability to share food with the homeless
- Defense of several different clients facing SEC investigations, including responding to initial subpoenas and preparing witnesses for testimony
- Representation of a financial clearing firm in an interpleader dispute over ownership of several assets held in client customer accounts.
Andrew received his J.D. with honors from the University of Texas School of Law, where he was an associate editor of the Texas Law Review. During law school, he served as an intern to the Honorable Andrew Austin, U.S. Magistrate Judge for the Western District of Texas. After law school, Andrew served as a law clerk for the Honorable A. Joe Fish of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas.
Litigation: The Interplay of Residency Requirements and Subpoenas in aid of Foreign Litigation, Andrew F. Newman, Peter I. Altman – Inside Counsel (June 2012).