Andrew F. Newman
Andrew Newman represents clients in the technology, retail, and manufacturing industries, litigating business disputes involving software development, contract claims, real estate, construction, and franchise agreements.
Andrew works closely with his clients and provides focused, responsive representation to counsel them through the litigation process. Andrew learns his client’s business to ensure litigation strategies align with the company’s goals. He emphasizes solutions that allow his clients to resolve disputes quickly and move forward. Andrew partners with clients to provide nationwide, coordinated litigation strategy, managing numerous cases to ensure consistency across multiple jurisdictions.
Andrew works with IT providers to prosecute and defend cases involving failed software development. Additionally, Andrew advises franchisors in litigation with franchisees, with particular emphasis on commercial lease and real estate disputes. He assists manufacturing clients with contract disputes, supply chain disruptions, and defense of products liability claims.
Andrew has trial experience in state and federal court and has arbitrated disputes before the American Arbitration Association. A former federal law clerk, he understands effective courtroom advocacy requires attention to detail and command of the facts.
In addition to dispute resolution, Andrew has assisted clients with internal investigations regarding compliance issues, and he also has experience advising companies on antitrust compliance relating to mergers.
Super Lawyers Texas “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers in 2014 – 2017
Teach for America – DFW Region, Alumni Board
City of Dallas Judicial Nominating Committee, Appointee Member
Dallas Independent School District, Budget Review Commission, Member
State Bar Licenses
- Representation of global IT services provider in breach of contract dispute over software implementation.
- Representation of software consulting firm in arbitration dispute over software development project.
- Representation of a Korean biotech company in breach-of-contract dispute over a stem-cell technology license and purchase agreement.
- Successful defense of highway safety product manufacturer in multiple actions alleging claims of design defect and negligence.
- Successful defense of nationwide health and fitness chain in a consumer class action lawsuit involving contract disputes and dues and fees paid.
- Advised national telecom company on merger with prepaid wireless carrier to ensure compliance with antitrust regulations.
- Advised national telecom company on merger with nation’s largest direct broadcast satellite service provider to ensure compliance with antitrust regulations.
- Counsel in a state court jury trial for an environmental waste disposal company, resulting in a complete defense verdict, as well as damages for the client for its breach of fiduciary duty and fraud claims, and recovery of client’s attorneys’ fees.
- Representation of a global supplier of oil field services in breach-of-contract dispute relating to a long-term sand supply agreement.
- Representation of third-party vendors in defense of clawback claims brought by the receiver appointed to collect assets for the benefit of the creditors of an international bank.
- Successful defense of the guarantor of a loan secured by an aircraft in a deficiency suit brought by the bank by claiming the collateral was mishandled by the bank, resulting in a favorable settlement.
- Representation of a manufacturer of engineered roofing systems in a dispute over a roofing guarantee; obtained a favorable settlement for the client in the suit pending in federal court in Arizona; successfully prosecuted claims on behalf of the same company against the manufacturer of defective adhesive in AAA arbitration in Dallas, resulting in a favorable settlement.
- Obtained a significant trial victory for local ministries in a lawsuit against the City of Dallas to invalidate an ordinance restricting clients’ ability to share food with the homeless.
- Defense of several different clients facing SEC investigations, including responding to initial subpoenas and preparing witnesses for testimony.
- Representation of a financial clearing firm in an interpleader dispute over ownership of several assets held in client customer accounts.