Andrew F. CarterAndrew Carter Clark Hill
Andrew F. Carter
Andrew Carter represents clients in litigation matters with an emphasis on fidelity and surety matters, insurance coverage, construction, professional liability, and general commercial matters. Andrew has also represented clients in trade secret, fiduciary duty, and contract-related litigation, as well as in governmental investigations.
- Assisted in defense of telecommunications company in alleged misappropriation of confidential information and unfair competition cause of action.
- Successfully represented manufacturers, premises owners, construction companies, and suppliers in tort, premises liability, gross negligence and related litigation.
- Assisted in defense of oil and natural gas exploration company before the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission.
- Advised the environmental organization in compliance issues involving permitting, marine safety and construction.
- Represented wind turbine supplier in $6 million breach of contract dispute.
- Assisted in defense of chemical transport company in negligence and breach of contract case.
- Managed team of 15 attorneys in Paris in preparation and presentation of interviews in response to U.S. Department of Justice investigation of international corporation.
- Successfully defended Delaware charter school against breach of contract claims.
- Represented medical device manufacturer in response to inquiries from the U.S. Department of Justice.
- Represented national financial institutions, insurance companies, large multi-subsidiary and international corporations.
- Introduction to Construction Insurance Policies, ABA Midwinter Meeting of the TIPS Fidelity & Surety Law Committee (January 2018)
- Fidelity Law Update, Gulfcoast Fidelity & Surety Institute Annual Meeting (June 2018)
- Mitigating the Surety’s Loss Through Insurance Policies, Gulfcoast Fidelity & Surety Institute Annual Meeting (June 2017)
- Protecting Communications with Surety Consultants, 27th Annual Northeast Surety and Fidelity Claims Conference (September 2016)
- The Effect of Contractual Damages Provisions on the Granting and Limitation of Construction Damages, ALFA Conference (2016)
- The Joint Defense Privilege, Gulfcoast Fidelity & Surety Institute Annual Meeting (June 2016)
- Chapter Author, The Parameters of Privilege – Protecting Communications and Other Documents, Ch. 16, Managing and Litigating the Complex Surety Case (2018)
- Chapter Author, Arbitration Provisions and the Surety, Ch. 13, The Law of Performance Bonds (forthcoming in 2019)
- Can You Keep a Secret? The Joint Defense Privilege, Surety Claims Institute Article (2016)