Clark Hill to Sponsor Women’s Bar Association of Illinois’ Joint Professional Reception and 2009 “Women With Vision” Awards
– Clark Hill PLC is acting as a Gold Sponsor for the Women’s Bar Association of Illinois’ Joint Professional Reception and the 2009 “Women With Vision” awards. This event is being held on Thursday, November 5, 2009 in downtown Chicago at the Hotel Allegro. The “Women With Vision” awards were first presented in 1997 by the Women’s Bar Association of Illinois to honor and recognize women who have demonstrated visionary approaches in their professional endeavors and who have made a contribution to the well-being and empowerment of women.
There are four recipients of the 2009 “Women With Vision” award:
• Carrie Austin (Alderman, Chicago’s 34th Ward)
• E. Lynn Grayson (Partner, Jenner & Block)
• Connie Lindsey (National President-Girl Scouts of the USA, Executive Vice President- The Northern Trust Company)
• Vikki Pryor (President and CEO, SBLI USA Mutual Life Insurance Company)
Senior Attorney Daisy Khambatta and Associate Nicole Moody of Clark Hill PLC’s Insurance and Reinsurance Practice Group are members of the Women’s Bar Association of Illinois. Ms. Moody served on the 2009 Joint Professional Reception Committee.
is a Senior Attorney in Clark Hill’s Chicago office. She is a member of the Insurance and Reinsurance Practice Group, which focuses on representing client’s in all aspects of the insurance and reinsurance business, including claims counseling, litigation and arbitration, business transactions and tax matters, regulatory issues and government relations, and formation of captive insurers and risk retention groups. Her practice includes the handling of issues involving commercial, primary, umbrella, excess and surplus lines, and reinsurance.
Daisy devotes a substantial portion of her practice to defending companies against toxic tort claims. Currently, she serves as National Coordinating Counsel for a manufacturer of heat processing equipment involved in asbestos lawsuits. Her experience includes implementing the defense strategy and overseeing the handling of lawsuits through all phases of litigation. She has represented a wide range of companies against various types of mass tort claims, including asbestos, silica, benzene and coal workers pneumoconiosis suits throughout Illinois and the state of Texas.
Nicole J. Moody
is an Associate in Clark Hill’s Chicago office. She practices in the firm’s Insurance and Reinsurance Practice Group. Her practice includes representing clients in litigated matters involving insurance coverage and claims issues.
Prior to joining the firm, Nicole worked as an Associate for another law firm gaining experience drafting insurance coverage opinion letters, motions, and legal memoranda, and attending several hearings, trials, and mediations. While in law school, she gained trial litigation experience working for the Wisconsin Innocence Project. She also competed overseas as a member and coach of the University of Wisconsin Law School International Arbitration team. In 2007, she was a semi-finalist in the Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot Competition in Hong Kong.
Nicole is licensed to practice in the Illinois and Wisconsin state courts, as well as the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois and the United State District Court for the Eastern and Western Districts of Wisconsin.
PFAS Restrictions: What Should You Be Doing?Explore more
Up in Smoke: Navigating Marijuana Laws in the Workplace
Employees’ lawful use of marijuana—both recreational and medical—presents numerous traps for the unwary employer. This webinar will address the various legal and practical issues that matter to employers and HR professionals when confronting employees’ lawful marijuana use.