Clark Hill Attorney Jeffrey A. DeVree to Speak at ICLE’s 20th Annual Business Law Institute
DEARBORN, MI –
Clark Hill Attorney Jeffrey A. DeVree will speak at Institute of Continuing Legal Education’s (ICLE) 20
Annual Business Law Institute co-sponsored by the Business Law Section of the State Bar of Michigan.
Mr. DeVree will present “The New Michigan Business Tax: What Business Lawyers Need to Know” on June 13 & 14
at the Dearborn Inn in Dearborn, MI.
For registration and more information please visit
Jeffrey A. DeVree
is a member with the Corporate Practice Group in Clark Hill’s Grand Rapids office. He has 25 years of experience in tax and employee benefits practice, and works with clients firm-wide on federal, state, local and international tax matters including:
• Tax matters for corporations, partnerships, limited liability companies, nonprofit organizations, trust, estates, and individuals
• Tax planning for business organizations, reorganizations, acquisitions, financing, and securities offerings, including foreign activities of U.S. taxpayers and U.S. activities of foreign taxpayers
• Tax-structured sales, leases, and other transactions, including monetization of tax credits
• Litigation of contested tax matters – audits, appeals, assessment, refund, and other matters involving income, sales, use, and other excise taxes
• Business succession planning for family and other closely-held businesses
• Tax issues affecting state and local governmental entities, including cities, counties, townships, villages, school districts, colleges, universities, and other public corporations and agencies
• Pension, profit-sharing, and other tax-qualified retirement plans, employee stock ownership plans, executive compensation plans, and other employee benefit plans
• Tax-exemption for nonprofit organizations, including publicly-supported charities, private foundations, and private educational institutions
Mr. DeVree received a bachelor of arts degree in economics
summa cum laude
from Hope College, and his law degree
from the University of Michigan Law School. He is an active member of bar association sections and committees involving tax and employee benefits, having recently served as a member of the Council of the Tax Section of the State Bar of Michigan and having previously served as chairman of the Business and Tax Section of the Grand Rapids Bar Association. He is a member
of the IRS Great Lakes Area Tax-Exempt and Government Entities Council. He is also a member of the Tax Policy Committee of the Michigan Chamber of Commerce, and a member of the Tax and Regulatory Affairs Committee of the Grand Rapids Area Chamber of Commerce, and worked with both organizations to analyze and develop proposals for Michigan business tax reform. He is a frequent speaker at seminars for business and professional groups. He currently serves as a member of the board of directors of Baxter Community Center, a nonprofit inner-city service organization, and the board of directors of The Grandville Education Foundation, having served as the chairman of both organizations. Mr. DeVree has been selected by his peers for inclusion in the 25th anniversary edition of
The Best Lawyers in America.
In addition to law practice, Mr. DeVree enjoys bicycling, scuba diving, music, history, and travel.
Clark Hill clients expect the best, and we deliver by responding quickly to their needs, understanding their business issues, and providing outstanding legal advice.
Since 1890, our attorneys have proudly represented a diverse range of clients ranging from individuals and new entities to Fortune 500 corporations. These are just a few of the reasons why our firm is repeatedly chosen and recommended by our clients.
SECURE Act 2.0 Has Arrived
On December 29, 2022, President Biden signed the SECURE 2.0 Act of 2022.
Join us as we discuss these changes and what they may mean for employers.
United States To Address Important Standard Under False Claims ActExplore more
Illinois Cannabis Operators and Regulators Prepare for 2023
Illinois has seen record sales for recreational marijuana, which hit $1.55 billion in 2022 alone. This figure reflects a 12% increase from the previous year.