Clark Hill Attorney Jeffrey A. DeVree Recognized by Grandville Education Foundation
GRAND RAPIDS, MI
– Clark Hill attorney Jeffrey A. DeVree was recognized by the Grandville Education Foundation for his many years of contribution and service to the foundation. Jeffrey was a founding member and served as secretary from 1991-2009. Jeffrey and his wife Janis will be honored for their dedication and service to Grandville Public Schools with the inclusion of their names in the Heritage Circle display in the lobby of Grandville High School.
Jeffrey A. DeVree
is a member with the Corporate Practice Group in Clark Hill’s Grand Rapids office. He has 25 years of experience in tax and employee benefits practice, and works with clients firm-wide on federal, state, local and international tax matters including:
• Tax matters for corporations, partnerships, limited liability companies, nonprofit organizations, trust, estates, and individuals
• Tax planning for business organizations, reorganizations, acquisitions, financing, and securities offerings, including foreign activities of U.S. taxpayers and U.S. activities of foreign taxpayers
• Tax-structured sales, leases, and other transactions, including monetization of tax credits
• Litigation of contested tax matters – audits, appeals, assessment, refund, and other matters involving income, sales, use, and other excise taxes
• Business succession planning for family and other closely-held businesses
• Tax issues affecting state and local governmental entities, including cities, counties, townships, villages, school districts, colleges, universities, and other public corporations and agencies
• Pension, profit-sharing, and other tax-qualified retirement plans, employee stock ownership plans, executive compensation plans, and other employee benefit plans
• Tax-exemption for nonprofit organizations, including publicly-supported charities, private foundations, and private educational institutions
Jeffrey received a bachelor of arts degree in economics summa cum laude from Hope College, and his law degree cum laude from the University of Michigan Law School. He is an active member of bar association sections and committees involving tax and employee benefits, having recently served as a member of the Council of the Tax Section of the State Bar of Michigan and having previously served as chairman of the Business and Tax Section of the Grand Rapids Bar Association. He is a member emeritus of the IRS Great Lakes Area Tax-Exempt and Government Entities Council. He is also a member of the Tax Policy Committee of the Michigan Chamber of Commerce, and a member of the Tax and Regulatory Affairs Committee of the Grand Rapids Area Chamber of Commerce, and worked with both organizations to analyze and develop proposals for Michigan business tax reform. He is a frequent speaker at seminars for business and professional groups. He currently serves as a member of the board of directors of Baxter Community Center, a nonprofit inner-city service organization, and the board of directors of The Grandville Education Foundation, having served as the chairman of both organizations. Jeffrey has been selected by his peers for inclusion in the 25th anniversary edition of The Best Lawyers in America.
In addition to law practice, Jeffrey enjoys bicycling, scuba diving, music, history, and travel.
2022 California Labor & Employment Conference
From new regulations regarding COVID-19 to critical employee rights updates, join us to keep your business prepared and in compliance.