Clark Hill Attorney David M. Cessante to Present Legal Requirements for Temporary, Leased and Independent Contractors Seminar
– Clark Hill attorney David M. Cessante will present “Legal Requirements for Temporary, Leased and Independent Contractors” for the American Society of Employers (ASE) on Wednesday, February 22 in Livonia, Michigan. Cessante will address the following topics:
- Define temporary and leased employees and independent contractors
- Analyze the risks/benefits inherent in such relationships
- Identify who employs temporary and leased employees and independent contractors, and what employers can do to minimize their legal liability
- Define co/joint employer
- Identify collective bargaining rights of these employees
- Recognize what employers should look for in an employee staffing company
This seminar is geared towards owners, managers, human resource personnel, and others interested in the effect that retaining temporary and leased employees and independent contractors may have on their business. For registration and more information, please visit www.aseonline.org.
Cessante is a member in Clark Hill’s Labor & Employment Practice Group. Prior to joining Clark Hill he was an associate with Brady Hathaway Brady & Bretz, P.C.. Cessante represents employers in a variety of labor and employment litigation matters in both state and federal court. Cessante has also represented employers before numerous administrative tribunals, including the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Michigan Department of Civil Rights, the Illinois Department of Human Rights, the United States and Michigan Departments of Labor and the National Labor Relations Board. Cessante has experience with matters involving all types of claims under state and federal employment discrimination statutes, family and medical leave laws and traditional labor disputes. In addition to litigation matters, Cessante counsels employers in day-to-day labor and employment matters. Cessante has lectured on various employment topics, including the Family and Medical Leave Act, the Americans With Disabilities Act and preventing sexual harassment in the workplace.
Cessante is named in the
Best Lawyers in America
in the area of labor and employment law. He is also recognized as a Super Lawyer by
Michigan Super Lawyers
Beyond Compliance: Addressing PFAS in Transactions and Site Remediation
We invite you to join us for a two-day webinar series exploring some of the risks and challenges posed by per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS) in real estate and corporate deals.
Each 45-minute session will provide bite-size insights, with time for questions and discussion.
Hemp in Interstate Commerce: A Roundtable Discussion
Register now to participate in a roundtable discussion on the current and emerging interstate and international markets for hemp.