Clark Hill Attorney David Blau to Present at the International Council of Shopping Centers Michigan Continuing Education Program for Real Estate Professionals, February 8, 2018
DETROIT, MI – David M. Blau will present at the International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC) 2018 Michigan Continuing Education Program for Real Estate Professionals, “Clicks & Bricks: Stronger Retail Together” on February 8, 2018. David will present “Understanding the Bankruptcy Process and Its Impact on Retailers and Shopping Center Landlords: The Broker Value Proposition.” Clark Hill attorney Paul S. Magy is the Chair of the Program.
Participants will receive six hours of Michigan Continuing Education Real Estate credits. To register for the event, which will be held at the Suburban Collection Showplace in Novi, MI, please click here.
The purpose of ICSC is to advance the shopping center industry and to promote its role in the commercial distribution of consumer goods and services by:
- Providing educational programs and publications in all aspects of shopping center development, finance, management, marketing and other specialized areas of professional interest
- Conducting meetings and other programs designed to promote the exchange of ideas among members and to facilitate the conduct of their business
- Collecting and disseminating information pertaining to the shopping center industry, including statistical data and other statistical research
- Developing and maintaining professional certification programs to encourage high standards for shopping center professionals
- Advocating the interest of the shopping center industry to local, state/provincial, federal and international governmental bodies
- Publicizing to the general public promotional and educational shopping center business information
David M. Blau is a Senior Attorney at Clark Hill’s Birmingham office where he is a member of the Real Estate Practice Group. He focuses on helping commercial landlords in tenant bankruptcies, collecting rent, negotiating lease documents, and purchasing or selling real property. David has significant experience in creditor’s rights, real estate litigation, construction lien litigation, real estate transactions, and general business matters.
Paul S. Magy is a Member at Clark Hill’s Birmingham office where he is a member of the Real Estate Practice Group. Paul’s extensive commercial real estate experience includes acquisition, development, finance, zoning, leasing and sale of commercial real estate, in addition to litigation related to those areas, including receiverships, distressed assets and retailer bankruptcy. Paul has a substantial amount of experience representing all forms of commercial property owners, developers, property managers and brokers.
Clark Hill is a multidisciplinary, national law firm that draws on our attorneys’ industry and policy knowledge, our deeply held shared values, and a global network of premier firms and advisors to provide innovative legal solutions and client-service excellence worldwide.
Let’s Go Shopping: The Impact of Liquor & Cannabis on the Retail MarketExplore more
PFAS Restrictions: What Should You Be Doing?Explore more
Up in Smoke: Navigating Marijuana Laws in the Workplace
Employees’ lawful use of marijuana—both recreational and medical—presents numerous traps for the unwary employer. This webinar will address the various legal and practical issues that matter to employers and HR professionals when confronting employees’ lawful marijuana use.