Clark Hill Attorney David Blau Presented at the International Council of Shopping Centers Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana, Michigan & Pennsylvania Retail Development and Law Symposium on March 2, 2018
DETROIT, MI – David M. Blau presented at the International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC) 2018 Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana, Michigan, & Pennsylvania Retail Development and Law Symposium for Lawyers and Real Estate Professionals, “Changing the Narrative in the Era of “Fake News”: The Retail Beat Goes On” on March 2, 2018. The program focused on the needs of legal, financial, and leasing professionals in the retail real estate industry. David also moderated the panel discussion “The Recipe for Success in a Retailer Bankruptcy Depends on the Ingredients: Watch Us Spice Things Up.” Clark Hill attorney Paul S. Magy is a member of the Program Planning Committee of the ICSC. The program provided 7.0 hours of continuing legal education to Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana, and Pennsylvania attorneys and 7.0 continuing real estate education credits for Ohio real estate salespersons and brokers.
The purpose of ICSC is to advance the shopping center industry and to promote its role in the commercial distribution of consumer goods and services by:
- Providing educational programs and publications in all aspects of shopping center development, finance, management, marketing and other specialized areas of professional interest
- Conducting meetings and other programs designed to promote the exchange of ideas among members and to facilitate the conduct of their business
- Collecting and disseminating information pertaining to the shopping center industry, including statistical data and other statistical research
- Developing and maintaining professional certification programs to encourage high standards for shopping center professionals
- Advocating the interest of the shopping center industry to local, state/provincial, federal and international governmental bodies
- Publicizing to the general public promotional and educational shopping center business information
David M. Blau is a Senior Attorney at Clark Hill’s Birmingham office where he is a member of the Real Estate Practice Group. He focuses on helping commercial landlords in tenant bankruptcies, collecting rent, negotiating lease documents, and purchasing or selling real property. David has significant experience in creditor’s rights, real estate litigation, construction lien litigation, real estate transactions, and general business matters.
Paul S. Magy is a Member at Clark Hill’s Birmingham office where he is a member of the Real Estate Practice Group. Paul’s extensive commercial real estate experience includes acquisition, development, finance, zoning, leasing and sale of commercial real estate, in addition to litigation related to those areas, including receiverships, distressed assets and retailer bankruptcy. Paul has a substantial amount of experience representing all forms of commercial property owners, developers, property managers and brokers.
WEBINAR-Our Working Theory: Creating a Respectful Workplace is the Antidote to Sexual Harassment in the Workplace
Sexual Harassment remains a persistent problem in the workplace despite regulation, mandatory training, and national attention, such as the #MeToo Movement.
Clark Hill 2023 Healthcare Industry Dallas Summit
Clark Hill’s Healthcare Industry Attorneys invite you to join us for a complimentary dinner and program on the latest challenges and top trends in the healthcare industry.