Clark Hill Attorney Daniel J. Bretz to Present “You Are Not The Boss Of Me! Balancing Employer Lifestyle Requirements Against Employee Privacy Rights” Webinar
Clark Hill attorney Daniel J. Bretz will present “
You Are Not The Boss Of Me! Balancing Employer Lifestyle Requirements Against Employee Privacy Rights” Webinar Wednesday, September 24, 2008 from 12 – 1PM
This webinar will review the state of the law on privacy and lifestyle discrimination claims, one of the hottest emerging legal issues facing employers, state legislatures and the courts. It will look at the creative approaches taken by litigants on both sides of the issue, and current and proposed state and federal laws on regulating off-duty activities. Participants will learn the legal parameters of what is, and what is not, permissible in this sector of employment law that is bound to expand in the future.
For registration and more information please visit
Daniel J. Bretz
is a member in Clark Hill’s Labor & Employment Practice Group.. Mr Bretz practices in the areas of employment law and litigation, traditional labor work, and business litigation. He represents a number of regional and national clients, with a particular focus on employers in the health care, transportation, construction and hospitality industries. He has served as first chair in trials involving discrimination, harassment, contract and labor issues. “Chambers USA” describes Mr. Bretz as “a leading light among litigators” in the state of Michigan.
Mr. Bretz has over 25 years of experience in:
• Litigating Title VII, ADEA, ADA, FMLA, FLSA, OSHA, WARN, Michigan Civil Rights Act, harassment, discrimination, whistleblower and retaliation claims
• Litigating breach of contract, wrongful discharge, defamation, tortious interference, non-compete, trade secret and other employment and business related claims
• Negotiating collective bargaining agreements
• Appearing in NLRB proceedings and trials
• Trying labor arbitrations involving discharge and contract interpretation grievances
• Serving as an independent Arbitrator and Mediator in traditional labor and employment cases
• Drafting high level executive agreements and employment contracts
• Advising and training clients on administering union contracts, personnel actions, handbooks, policies, documentation and supervisory relations
• Consulting with management on union organizing, corporate campaigns, and collective bargaining issues
Mr. Bretz is ranked “# 1” in the highest tier of Michigan labor and employment lawyers by “Chambers USA: Leading Lawyers for Business.” He has been listed in “Best Lawyers in America” since 1998. He was recently named in the Detroit News and New York Times “Michigan Super Lawyers” as one of the “Top 100” lawyers in the state. He is a recipient of the “Barrister of the Year Award” from the Detroit Metropolitan Bar Association.
Mr. Bretz is currently the Chair of the governing Council of the 2200 member Labor and Employment Law Section of the State Bar of Michigan. Mr. Bretz is also a member of the American Employment Lawyers Council.
Mr. Bretz is a contributing author to Employment Law In Michigan, 2nd Edition, (ICLE, 2005). He has authored several articles and papers on collective bargaining, union organizing, the Family Medical Leave Act, sexual harassment, and litigating employment discrimination claims. Mr. Bretz is a frequent speaker on labor and employment issues before various groups including the ABA, the Michigan State Bar, and the Michigan Institute for Continuing Legal Education.
Clark Hill clients expect the best, and we deliver by responding quickly to their needs, understanding their business issues, and providing outstanding legal advice.
Since 1890, our attorneys have proudly represented a diverse range of clients ranging from individuals and new entities to Fortune 500 corporations. These are just a few of the reasons why our firm is repeatedly chosen and recommended by our clients.
Perspectives on The New Green Hydrogen Landscape
In a brief but informative session, learn about the challenges and opportunities associated with developing green hydrogen projects.
First Amendment Boot Camp for School Administrators
Join us for a half-day, in-person conference as we deep dive into First Amendment rights in schools.