Clark Hill Attorney Daniel J. Bretz to Present at ICLE’s Labor & Employment Law Institute April 9th in Plymouth, MI
Detroit, MI – Clark Hill attorney Daniel J. Bretz will present at the 40th Annual ICLE Labor & Employment Law Institute on April 9th in Plymouth, MI. First, he will give an “Equal Employment Opportunity Update” and then join a panel discussing the “Human Resource Professional Track: The Year in Review for Human Resource Professionals – Part One”. This annual update will show how the newest court decisions might impact the human resources department.
ICLE is the education provider of the State Bar of Michigan and boasts a vast network of leading practitioners who contribute to the creation of content and/or serve in an overall advisory capacity. ICLE’s contributors hail from across Michigan and the country. They represent the perspective of both small and large firms and of lawyers in every stage of their career. They are experts in their field and provide ICLE’s content with the practical, how-to focus that comes from doing the work every day.
Bretz is the previous Chair of Clark Hill’s Labor & Employment Law Practice Group and currently serves on the firm’s seven-member Executive Committee. He represents major private employers in all aspects of labor and employment law. Chambers Leading Lawyers for Business describes him as “a leading light among litigators.”
Areas of Expertise
- Class action litigation
- Title VII, ADEA, ADA, FMLA, FLSA litigation and counseling
- State and federal discrimination, harassment, whistleblower and retaliation litigation and counseling
- Defamation, breach of contract, non-compete and trade secret cases
- Complex business litigation
- Negotiating collective bargaining agreements
- NLRB proceedings and trials
- Discharge and contract interpretation arbitrations
- Consulting with management on union and collective bargaining issues
- Serving as an independent Arbitrator and Mediator
- Drafting high level executive agreements and employment contracts
- Conducting confidential investigations
- Training and advising and clients on personnel and supervisory relations
Clark Hill PLC is an entrepreneurial, full service law firm that provides business legal services, government & public affairs, and personal legal services to our clients throughout the country. With offices in Arizona, Delaware, Illinois, Michigan, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Washington, D.C. and West Virginia, Clark Hill has more than 300 attorneys and professionals. For more information on our firm and our services, visit www.clarkhill.com.
Clark Hill Mexico City Grand Opening Reception
Celebrate our new Mexico City Office with a reception and educational event.
We will toast our new office space and location with a cocktails and small bites with Mexico and US-based colleagues and friends.