Clark Hill Attorney Daniel H. Minkus to Moderate 2009 LLC & Business Entity Update
– Clark Hill attorney Daniel H. Minkus will moderate the Institution of Continuing Legal Education’s 2009 LLC & Business Update, cosponsored by the Business Law Section of the State Bar of Michigan. Mr. Minkus has been the moderator of this annual seminar since its inception in 1993. The seminar will provide alternatives for suppliers faced with insolvent or bankrupt customers, raise capital for LLCs with the most effective financing methods, draft LLC operating agreement provisions that limit duties and liabilities of managers and apply recent legislation, regulations, and caselaw. For registration and more information, please visit
Daniel H. Minkus
is a member in the firm’s Birmingham office, where he practices in the Business Practice Group. Mr. Minkus concentrates in the areas of business and real estate, advising and counseling clients with respect to a wide range of matters.
– Mr. Minkus counsels clients with respect to a wide array of business matters, ranging from internal corporate and company maintenance and decision-making practices to the many issues relating to a company’s activities with its lenders, suppliers, customers/clients, employees and governmental authorities. He has significant experience advising and assisting clients with ongoing business needs including issues often faced when entering into or terminating relationships with third parties. He also has vast experience counseling clients with business planning.
– Mr. Minkus has a broad range of experience representing purchasers, sellers, and joint venturers, with respect to asset and stock transactions, as well as mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, consolidations and other business combinations. He is well-versed in business planning strategies and structuring of transactions to suit client needs.
Limited Liability Companies
– Mr. Minkus was an active member of the drafting Committee of Michigan’s Limited Liability Company Act in 1993, and on the committees which drafted amendments to the Act in 1997 and again in 2001-2002. He lectures frequently on the subject of limited liability companies (LLCs) and is considered one of the State’s foremost authorities on the subject. He has formed many LLCs for a variety of clients, and has structured numerous LLCs to suit particular client needs, ranging from “joint venture” relationships to minority business enterprises, and from wealth transfer arrangements to special allocation relationships.
Minority Business Enterprises
– Mr. Minkus is experienced in representing minority business enterprises (MBEs) and in addressing the numerous issues facing such entities. He has substantial experience assisting clients to qualify as an MBE, a disadvantaged business enterprise (DBE) and/or a Michigan Minority Business Development Council (MMBDC) certified business, and has helped MBE clients to pursue and secure business arrangements and contracts with third parties.
– A significant portion of Mr. Minkus’ activities revolve around the drafting and negotiating of contracts to meet client needs and goals. He is experienced in addressing issues relating to confidentiality, non-competition, non-solicitation and other issues which are of increasing importance to protect the intellectual and proprietary property interests of companies. He is also well versed in addressing issues dealing with topics such as distributorships, licensing, management, and employment, as well as numerous other issues facing businesses in today’s economy.
– Mr. Minkus has substantial experience drafting and negotiating executive and upper management agreements which address incentives, buy-out rights, options and other issues of importance to key employees. He also is experienced in developing stock option plans and agreements for client companies.
– Mr. Minkus has negotiated many commercial, industrial and residential real estate purchase and sale transactions, as well as leases on behalf of commercial tenants and landlords. In conjunction with such matters, he has developed expertise in financing and title matters, as well as various environmental issues relating to such transactions.
Mr. Minkus has authored several articles, and lectures frequently, on a variety of business topics. Mr. Minkus is a contributing author to the book
Michigan Contract Law
Mr. Minkus is very active in civic affairs and the community. He is currently serving in his nineteenth year on the Board of Directors of the Michigan Humane Society (Chairman 1989 –1998); he is the former State Sports Director for Soccer for Michigan Special Olympics; he is a past member of the Board of Directors of Leadership Oakland (President 1998-1999), an organization which fosters community leadership and involvement; and he has served as a member of volunteer committees for United Way Community Services in Detroit. He also has coached youth soccer for the past ten years.
Perspectives on The New Green Hydrogen Landscape
In a brief but informative session, learn about the challenges and opportunities associated with developing green hydrogen projects.
First Amendment Boot Camp for School Administrators
Join us for a half-day, in-person conference as we deep dive into First Amendment rights in schools.