Clark Hill Attorney Christopher M. Brubaker to Participate in Reinsurance Association of America Re Basics Conference – May 13-14, 2014
– Christopher M. Brubaker, an attorney in Clark Hill’s Insurance & Reinsurance practice group, will speak on Cyber Risk at the Reinsurance Association of America’s “Demystifying Reinsurance: A Basics of Reinsurance Course” seminar in New York City on May 13-14, 2014.
This program is a comprehensive overview of the purpose and structure of reinsurance, with an introduction to life reinsurance. Taught by reinsurance industry experts, the seminar guides attendees through all steps of the reinsurance transaction and its impact on an insurance company’s bottom line.
• How reinsurance and insurance differ;
• The types and approaches to reinsurance coverage;
• Risk transfer and risk transfer requirements;
• The impact of a reinsurance transaction on insurance company financials;
• The types and features of different reinsurance contracts;
• How to structure a reinsurance program;
• The components of key Annual Statement schedules;
• Differences between SAP and GAAP accounting;
• How reinsurance is regulated;
• Life reinsurance;
• Hot Topics in Reinsurance
– Cyber Risk
– US/EU Cooperation on Regulations
– Terrorism – TRIA Update
– FIO Report – Realistic Options
Re Claims awards CPE, CPCU and CLE continuing education credits.
Brubaker concentrates his practice in complex commercial and general litigation. He has experience with a variety of subject areas including insurance and reinsurance coverage, class action securities fraud, contract matters, business dissolution, superfund litigation, trust and estate litigation and insurance defense. He has represented cedents and reinsurers in arbitrations and in appeals seeking to confirm and/or vacate arbitration awards. He has handled a variety of coverage matters on commercial CGL policies and represented insurance and reinsurance companies in matters involving the rehabilitation and/or liquidation of other insurance companies. Brubaker has also advised companies on regulatory matters involving insurance and environmental laws, rules and regulations.
2022 Projections in the North American Auto Industry
2021 was challenging for the auto industry in Mexico and the United States, and 2022 is similarly projected.
Leaders in the automotive and manufacturing industries will benefit from a panel discussion where their industry peers and Clark Hill attorneys will discuss the key legal and supply chain issues.
2022 California Labor & Employment Conference
From new regulations regarding COVID-19 to critical employee rights updates, join us to keep your business prepared and in compliance.