Clark Hill Attorney Christopher M. Brubaker to Participate in Reinsurance Association of America Re Basics Conference – May 13-14, 2014
– Christopher M. Brubaker, an attorney in Clark Hill’s Insurance & Reinsurance practice group, will speak on Cyber Risk at the Reinsurance Association of America’s “Demystifying Reinsurance: A Basics of Reinsurance Course” seminar in New York City on May 13-14, 2014.
This program is a comprehensive overview of the purpose and structure of reinsurance, with an introduction to life reinsurance. Taught by reinsurance industry experts, the seminar guides attendees through all steps of the reinsurance transaction and its impact on an insurance company’s bottom line.
• How reinsurance and insurance differ;
• The types and approaches to reinsurance coverage;
• Risk transfer and risk transfer requirements;
• The impact of a reinsurance transaction on insurance company financials;
• The types and features of different reinsurance contracts;
• How to structure a reinsurance program;
• The components of key Annual Statement schedules;
• Differences between SAP and GAAP accounting;
• How reinsurance is regulated;
• Life reinsurance;
• Hot Topics in Reinsurance
– Cyber Risk
– US/EU Cooperation on Regulations
– Terrorism – TRIA Update
– FIO Report – Realistic Options
Re Claims awards CPE, CPCU and CLE continuing education credits.
Brubaker concentrates his practice in complex commercial and general litigation. He has experience with a variety of subject areas including insurance and reinsurance coverage, class action securities fraud, contract matters, business dissolution, superfund litigation, trust and estate litigation and insurance defense. He has represented cedents and reinsurers in arbitrations and in appeals seeking to confirm and/or vacate arbitration awards. He has handled a variety of coverage matters on commercial CGL policies and represented insurance and reinsurance companies in matters involving the rehabilitation and/or liquidation of other insurance companies. Brubaker has also advised companies on regulatory matters involving insurance and environmental laws, rules and regulations.
FAQs: Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccines and the Automotive & Manufacturing Industries
Join us for a presentation where we will share the considerations, implications, and answer your frequently asked questions surrounding the implementation of mandatory COVID-19 vaccines.
The Basics: A Quick, But Important, Primer on Handling Fidelity Bond Claims Webinar
As workplaces across America open up this summer, now is the perfect time for a tune up on handling fidelity bond claims. Join a team of Clark Hill fidelity attorneys who will provide an overview of fidelity, coverage, noteworthy cases reported during the pandemic, key coverages and strategies for navigating a wide variety of claims.
Tea & Tidbits: Benefits Strategies for Small Employers
June’s discussion will center around benefit strategies for start-ups or employers who are small and aren’t sure if they can offer benefits at all.