Clark Hill Attorney Christopher M. Brubaker to Participate in Reinsurance Association of America Re Basics Conference – May 13-14, 2014
– Christopher M. Brubaker, an attorney in Clark Hill’s Insurance & Reinsurance practice group, will speak on Cyber Risk at the Reinsurance Association of America’s “Demystifying Reinsurance: A Basics of Reinsurance Course” seminar in New York City on May 13-14, 2014.
This program is a comprehensive overview of the purpose and structure of reinsurance, with an introduction to life reinsurance. Taught by reinsurance industry experts, the seminar guides attendees through all steps of the reinsurance transaction and its impact on an insurance company’s bottom line.
• How reinsurance and insurance differ;
• The types and approaches to reinsurance coverage;
• Risk transfer and risk transfer requirements;
• The impact of a reinsurance transaction on insurance company financials;
• The types and features of different reinsurance contracts;
• How to structure a reinsurance program;
• The components of key Annual Statement schedules;
• Differences between SAP and GAAP accounting;
• How reinsurance is regulated;
• Life reinsurance;
• Hot Topics in Reinsurance
– Cyber Risk
– US/EU Cooperation on Regulations
– Terrorism – TRIA Update
– FIO Report – Realistic Options
Re Claims awards CPE, CPCU and CLE continuing education credits.
Brubaker concentrates his practice in complex commercial and general litigation. He has experience with a variety of subject areas including insurance and reinsurance coverage, class action securities fraud, contract matters, business dissolution, superfund litigation, trust and estate litigation and insurance defense. He has represented cedents and reinsurers in arbitrations and in appeals seeking to confirm and/or vacate arbitration awards. He has handled a variety of coverage matters on commercial CGL policies and represented insurance and reinsurance companies in matters involving the rehabilitation and/or liquidation of other insurance companies. Brubaker has also advised companies on regulatory matters involving insurance and environmental laws, rules and regulations.
What's Hot in the U.S. Crime Market - Part III
Please join us for a fast-moving presentation on the important current trends in the crime and related insurance coverage markets.
Post-Merger Integration Challenges in the Cannabis Industry
Join us for a thoughtful discussion which will cover M&A project integration plan outlines. We will discuss the timeline for major resources, assets, and processes of the acquiring and acquired companies that will be combined in order to achieve the goals of the deal.
Addressing the Ramifications of Federal Legalization for the U.S. Cannabis Industry
The cannabis industry rang in 2021 with high hopes of federal legalization, leading to a massive run-up in cannabis equity values. Eighteen months later, however, proposals for federal legalization continue to stagnate and the industry remains beset with the unfair tax burdens, transactions costs and regulatory nightmares created by prohibition. Many wonder, what is taking Congress so long to pass a bill de-scheduling cannabis?