Chicago Attorney W. Kent Carter to Present at the 55th Annual Meeting of the American College of Legal Medicine
CHICAGO – Clark Hill Attorney W. Kent Carter will present on “Physician Non-Compete and Non-Solicitation Agreements: Illinois Updates and National Trends” at the 55th Annual Meeting of the American College of Legal Medicine (ACLM 2015) on February 28, 2015 at the Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas.
ACLM 2015 is a conference that covers topics such as:
- Issues in legal medicine dealing with reimbursement issues, vaccine policies, pay for performance policy and national health care system;
- Legal medicine developments in the courts and in the legislature;
- Medical malpractice issues dealing with tort reform, informed consent, failure to diagnose and medical board review;
- Medical board licensure requirements, review process, avoiding medical error and the administrative process of medical board review; and
- Disaster medicine and terrorism issues dealing with blast injuries, liability, a physician’s duty to warn, psychiatric considerations and forensic medicine
ACLM 2015 brings together attorneys, physicians, registered nurses, dentists, scientists, podiatrists and other health professionals.
Carter is a member of Clark Hill PLC’s Litigation and Bankruptcy and Restructuring practice groups in Chicago. His practice focuses on commercial litigation, with experience representing clients in complex contract disputes and business torts in state, federal, bankruptcy and appellate courts. His practice also includes representation of secured lenders and other parties in all aspects of the Uniform Commercial Code, secured transactions, equipment leasing, insolvency proceedings, asset sales, restructuring, refinancing, bankruptcy, out-of-court workouts and successor liability.
Clark Hill PLC is a full-service law firm that provides business legal services, government and public affairs, and personal legal services to our clients throughout the country. With offices in Arizona, Delaware, Illinois, Michigan, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Washington, DC, and West Virginia Clark Hill has more than 300 attorneys and professionals. For more information, visit www.clarkhill.com.
EEOC’s Proposed Regulations Provide Employers with Guidance Regarding the Pregnant Workers Fairness ActExplore more
Understanding Requirements of the Amended Illinois Equal Pay ActExplore more
Webinar: How Will The Supreme Court's Affirmative Action Ruling Affect Workplace DEI Programs?
This webinar will examine what the Supreme Court held in its ruling on universities’ affirmative action plans, the controversy surrounding how the Supreme Court’s ruling affects employer’s diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) initiatives, and the factors to be considered by public and private companies when deciding the future of their DEI efforts.