Automotive Impact: The Year in Review
For Clark Hill, 2012 was an extraordinary year of intense involvement in the automotive sector. We were asked by
our many automotive clients to be involved in their most important initiatives, representing virtually all evolving
facets of the industry.
Among many other things, Clark Hill:
- Led the industry’s largest U.S. acquisition,
- Established what will become one of the industry’s largest minority joint ventures,
- Served as counsel to New York City on its creation of the fuel efficient “Taxi of Tomorrow,”
- Assisted an aftermarket manufacturer in structuring its first OEM relationship,
- Defended suppliers against major warranty and recall claims, and
- Helped automotive businesses protect and develop important intellectual property covering tire pressure monitoring systems, engine efficiency and performance, and vehicle electrification.
But our involvement in the industry went well beyond client engagements. Throughout the year, Clark Hill:
- Hosted 300 guests at the first-ever law firm hospitality suite on the floor of the North American
- International Auto Show,
- Published, through OESA, an important article on the topic of negotiating warranty allocation disputes,
- Walked the halls of Congress with automotive companies during MEMA’s Legislative Summit,
- Served as legal counsel to, and presented at, OESA’s Warranty Management Council,
- Joined OESA’s new Leadership Development Committee,
- Provided special counsel to AIAG in connection with its emergency effort to address the potential
- shortage of PA-12 resin,
- Hosted a presentation by IHS regarding global fuel economy standards and vehicle electrification,
- Became the Center for Automotive Research’s only law firm affiliate member and attended its
- important Management Briefing Seminars, and
- Attended SAE’s Global Leadership Conference (Greenbriar) and OESA’s Annual Outlook Conference.
We wish to thank all of our clients in the automotive sector who made 2012 an exceptional year for Clark Hill
PLC. We hope that in providing legal services, including specialized automotive legal services to you, we helped
you to achieve your business objectives, manage risk and avert liability.
2023 Cybersecurity and Data Privacy Laws Summit: Chicago
Join us for our inaugural, in-person program, where legal, in-house, and technical professionals will delve into the latest cyber and privacy topics and trends.
Legal, Tax and Infrastructure Requirements for Fleet EV Charging
Organizations that currently own or intend to acquire electric vehicles can gain insights into tax, legal, and infrastructure requirements by understanding best practices and common mistakes. The panel will also discuss new EV laws and charging technology.
For companies considering a full or partial transition to EV fleets, the webinar will discuss how to maximize tax rebates, determine optimal legal contracts, and identify funding opportunities. The presentation will also cover infrastructure considerations with regard to electrical and cyber requirements.