Attorney Jeff DeVree to Speak to Michigan Oil and Gas Association Members
– Clark Hill Attorney Jeff DeVree will be speaking to Michigan Oil and Gas Association’s Members about tax issues. Mr. DeVree will address the structure of the new business tax, reveal nuisances and present tips on how to prepare for this change. The one hour meeting will be held at the Otsego Club in Gaylord, Michigan Thursday, October 18, 2007. For more information please contact the Michigan Oil and Gas Association at (517) 487-0961.
Jeffrey A. DeVree
is a member with the Corporate Practice Group in Clark Hill’s Grand Rapids office. He has 25 years of experience in tax and employee benefits practice, and works with clients firm-wide on federal, state, local and international tax matters including:
• Tax matters for corporations, partnerships, limited liability companies, nonprofit organizations, trust, estates, and individuals
• Tax planning for business organizations, reorganizations, acquisitions, financing, and securities offerings, including foreign activities of U.S. taxpayers and U.S. activities of foreign taxpayers
• Tax-structured sales, leases, and other transactions, including monetization of tax credits
• Litigation of contested tax matters – audits, appeals, assessment, refund, and other matters involving income, sales, use, and other excise taxes
• Business succession planning for family and other closely-held businesses
• Tax issues affecting state and local governmental entities, including cities, counties, townships, villages, school districts, colleges, universities, and other public corporations and agencies
• Pension, profit-sharing, and other tax-qualified retirement plans, employee stock ownership plans, executive compensation plans, and other employee benefit plans
• Tax-exemption for nonprofit organizations, including publicly-supported charities, private foundations, and private educational institutions
Mr. DeVree received a bachelor of arts degree in economics summa cum laude from Hope College, and his law degree cum laude from the University of Michigan Law School. He is an active member of bar association sections and committees involving tax and employee benefits, having recently served as a member of the Council of the Tax Section of the State Bar of Michigan and having previously served as chairman of the Business and Tax Section of the Grand Rapids Bar Association. He is a member emeritus of the IRS Great Lakes Area Tax-Exempt and Government Entities Council. He is also a member of the Tax Policy Committee of the Michigan Chamber of Commerce, and a member of the Tax and Regulatory Affairs Committee of the Grand Rapids Area Chamber of Commerce, and worked with both organizations to analyze and develop proposals for Michigan business tax reform. He is a frequent speaker at seminars for business and professional groups. He currently serves as a member of the board of directors of Baxter Community Center, a nonprofit inner-city service organization, and the board of directors of The Grandville Education Foundation, having served as the chairman of both organizations. Mr. DeVree has been selected by his peers for inclusion in the 25th anniversary edition of
The Best Lawyers in America
2022 Projections in the North American Auto Industry
2021 was challenging for the auto industry in Mexico and the United States, and 2022 is similarly projected.
Leaders in the automotive and manufacturing industries will benefit from a panel discussion where their industry peers and Clark Hill attorneys will discuss the key legal and supply chain issues.
2022 California Labor & Employment Conference
From new regulations regarding COVID-19 to critical employee rights updates, join us to keep your business prepared and in compliance.