Representation of a public oil and energy exploration company in its strategic acquisition/merger of another public oil and energy exploration company.
Oil & Gas – Labor & Employment
Risk prevention is of paramount importance for employers. The services our labor and employment team provide revolve around this philosophy. Clark Hill lawyers routinely handle all matters related to labor and employment issues including employment and severance agreements, non-compete agreements, non-disclosure and trade secret protections, and litigation. We strive to develop training programs to educate clients and their employees on employment-related risks and assist with projects like drafting employment agreements and reviewing HR manuals.
Our deep understanding of FLSA regional labor regulations allows us to help clients successfully prevent and defend against employee wage claims. Because many clients come to us beyond the pure “prevention” stage, we are also well versed in handling everything from investigations to helping employers understand employee designations and litigating breach of noncompetition agreements. We also understand the wide range of employment issues clients face and assist with internal investigations to address everything from alleged discrimination to employee misconduct.
We exclusively represent management in labor-employment relations. Our lawyers assist management in union avoidance strategies, union organizing campaigns, collective bargaining, employee grievances, and charges of unfair labor practices. We represent many national and international businesses, both public and private. Our clients include numerous energy-related companies as well as providers of oil field services.
- Prepared employment agreements for executives and staff employees to address issues between parties
- Obtained a temporary injunction against a former branch manager after a multi-day hearing and later secured permanent injunctions against a former manager and competitor prohibiting competition with oilfield services client within 150 miles of client’s branch location in Andrews, Texas and a six-figure monetary judgment against the former manager
- Rejected settlement offers and secured a complete dismissal of a lawsuit brought by a former branch manager against an oil field services client for alleged breach of an employment agreement and wrongful termination in the 161st Judicial District Court in Ector County, Texas
- Reviewed analysis of manager and executive employment agreements for an oil field services client
- Prepared affirmative action plans for clients and helped assess compliance issues