Representation of a public oil and energy exploration company in its strategic acquisition/merger of another public oil and energy exploration company.
Oil & Gas – Finance & Lending
Our attorneys have participated in arranging and documenting financing for many billions of dollars of oilfield transactions. We handle financing for various types of projects across the entire domestic energy industry, including offshore and onshore oil field development, offshore and onshore service companies, oil and gas pipelines, asset and reserve-based lending, as well as for alternative energy projects such as thermal, water, and wind, and the financing of electric generation and transmission facilities.
We serve as counsel in many major energy producing regions on financing transactions with regard to regulatory, real estate, state and local taxation, and other region-specific aspects of those transactions. We also assist our international clients with private financing for their transactions, including project finance.
In addition to conventional financing, we assist our energy clients with public issuances of equity and debt, private equity transactions, mezzanine lending, and other forms of capital raises of debt and equity.
- Represented money center bank in connection with project financing of over 500 MW Combined-Cycle Gas Turbine Power Plant Project Financing located in Latin America
- Represented money center bank in connection with project financing of projects located in Canada, with production totaling approximately 240 MW wind power and 20 MW solar photovoltaic power
- Represented money center bank in evaluating bid request and preparing and negotiating bids and relevant contracts in Spanish relating to performance of financial services to a large state-owned oil company in Latin America
- Represented money center bank in connection with project financing of 101 MW portfolio of solar photovoltaic electrical generation projects located in Canada
- Represented money center bank in connection with project financing of 330MW geothermal project located in Asia
- Represented regional bank as administrative agent in $50M syndicated credit facility for oil and gas acquisition and development in Bakken Shale
- Represented regional bank as administrative agent in nearly $94M syndicated credity facility for oil and gas acquisition and development in New Mexico and Texas
- Represented regional bank as lender in $7.5M revolving loan to oil and gas company with operations in California
- Represented various banks in negotiating and documenting default letters and forbearance agreements for multiple oil and gas loans in default