Representation of a public oil and energy exploration company in its strategic acquisition/merger of another public oil and energy exploration company.
Oil & Gas – Environmental
Our environmental attorneys have many decades of counseling and litigation experience with substantive knowledge in all areas of environmental law. We represent a wide range of exploration and production, midstream and downstream entities, including chemical and petrochemical companies, refineries, energy-related manufacturing firms, and businesses that deal with fuels, including gas stations.
Our attorneys provide day-to-day state and federal regulatory advice to clients, and assist in matters arising under state and federal clean air and clean water statutes and programs, solid and hazardous waste regulations, and related permitting, remediation, and enforcement matters.
We also counsel and defend clients in government enforcement matters, private environmental litigation, transactional due diligence, regulatory counseling in solid and hazardous waste, underground storage tank compliance, wetlands and protected habitat development, and environmental compliance audits. Additionally, we defend property damage and toxic tort claims arising from industrial operations, leaking underground storage tanks, and other environmental pollution cases.
- Successfully defended an international company against natural resources damages claims asserted by the Attorney General concerning a former chemical manufacturing site in New Jersey
- Successfully defended clients in statutory citizen suits filed in Texas, New Jersey, and California
- Executed environmental and real estate diligence and risk analysis for portfolios of REIT sale/lease-back commercial and industrial properties
- Designed and executed audits of environmental management systems (EMS) for chemical and plastics manufacturing facilities in the U.S., Mexico, and Europe
- Negotiated multiple agreements for access to neighboring properties to affect environmental clean-ups
- Represented a major U.S. retailer in an environmental indemnity claim against a multinational oil company that resulted in a significant recovery for the client
- Designed and executed environmental diligence for a portfolio of industrial facilities, including pre-purchase compliance audits, post-closing penalty immunity disclosures, and negotiation of permits and operational corrections
- Negotiated numerous agreements for access to properties in the proximity of environmental releases to facilitate clean-ups