Representation of a public oil and energy exploration company in its strategic acquisition/merger of another public oil and energy exploration company.
Oil & Gas – Admiralty & Maritime
With decades of experience in admiralty and maritime law, our lawyers represent many of the world’s largest companies in the maritime industry in the Gulf of Mexico and around the globe.
Because most of our admiralty and maritime attorneys are located in Houston where many offshore drilling, exploration, and service companies have headquarters, we have particular experience representing energy companies and those who provide support and service to the offshore oil and gas industry.
Clark Hill attorneys regularly represent owners, operators, and charterers of freighters, tankers, tugs, barges, supply boats, offshore drilling rigs/vessels, offshore platforms, and vessels engaged in oceanographic/seismic research. The firm’s lawyers also represent companies and individuals engaged in brown water activities, such as offshore exploration, pipeline construction, salvage and wreck removal, commercial diving, supply boat services, and many other maritime energy activities.
- Defended midstream maritime transportation company for severe personal injuries suffered on barge and secured 75% comparative fault finding and nominal damages award
- Defended an offshore supply boat company for injuries sustained by a passenger and secured a 90% comparative fault finding and a damages award that was a fraction of the pre-trial offer
- Defended a shipyard security and fire watch company in a burn and wrongful death action arising from a fire on a jackup rig, and secured a take-nothing jury judgement
- Represented vessel owner in a two-week arbitration related to the construction of two articulated tug/barge (ATB) units involving claims in excess of $39 million
- Defended a seismic surveying contractor in a multi-plaintiff case where property damage was alleged to have been caused by their activities and secured a no liability finding for the contractor and the client oil company
- Represented seller of steel wire mooring ropes against claims in excess of $160 million for the loss of and damage to mobile offshore drilling units
- Represented offshore rig designer against claims in excess of $15 million for the alleged misappropriation of trade secrets related to a rig design
- Represented dock owner against multi-million dollar personal injury claim involving traumatic brain injuries
- Represented rig repair shipyard against a claim in excess of $45 million arising out of a fire to a customer’s jackup rig
- Represented marine terminal operator in prosecuting a claim against vessel owners/charters for demurrage and delay damages