Clark Hill has represented hundreds of state and local municipalities and their inter-governmental entities as general counsel, special counsel, and bond counsel. Our absolute commitment to problem solving, swift responsiveness, and dedication to remaining at the forefront of industry trends, new case law, and anticipated changes in regulation allows us to predict and plan for the issues, problems, and concerns our clients face.
Our firm understands that municipal law is about community improvement, service to residents and taxpayers, and cost-effective, timely results. Our diligence serves as the catalyst for developing best practices and designing an actionable approach to responding to change.
Collegiality, information-sharing, and brain-storming are at the core of our practice. We regularly discuss issues and trends, which allows us to provide far more multi-faceted and comprehensive advice and practical ways to assure our clients' legal needs, policy goals, and objectives are achieved.
Select members of the Municipal team have gained significant insight into the inner workings of municipalities through prior government service. This experience ensures that we fully understand how municipalities operate and what issues are of importance.
Our clients are national in scope and include:
- Cities, counties, villages, and townships
- Road commissions
- Community mental health authorities
- 911 authorities
- School districts
- Brownfield redevelopment authorities
- Downtown development authorities
- Economic develop corporations
- Fire and other emergency services boards and authorities
- Libraries, local development finance authorities, and sanitary sewer authorities
- Tax increment financing authorities
- Utility and water authorities