Guardianship & Conservatorship Litigation
Guardianship and conservatorship litigation is fast-paced and emotionally charged, which requires skilled attorneys who can seamlessly navigate litigation to a successful end. Clark Hill’s Guardianship and Conservatorship litigators have experience representing individual petitioners and respondents, as well as hospitals and financial institutions. Our attorneys are frequently appointed by the court as the counsel for alleged disabled adults and as Guardians Ad Litem. Our attorneys have successfully litigated guardianship and conservatorship cases involving:
- The validity of powers of attorney, designations of patient advocate, and other advance directives.
- Whether the alleged disabled person needs a guardian or conservator.
- Who is the most appropriate guardian or conservator for the disabled person.
- Breach of fiduciary duty claims.
- Removal of fiduciaries.
- Elder abuse and financial exploitation.
- Citations to recover assets.