Employee Handbook/Personnel Policy Manual Compliance
Employee handbooks are an essential means to avoiding litigation and creating a harmonious employment relationship. A carefully designed employee handbook can contribute greatly to productive employment relationships and can limit the potential for disputes that, aside from being unproductive and costly, can lead to unionization.
Clark Hill has vast experience in drafting employee handbooks and personnel policy manuals. We believe that employee handbooks and policy manuals aid in the uniform application of policies and work rules and are an ideal means of reducing litigation and protecting an employer from lawsuits. Clark Hill can keep your organization compliant with the current rules and regulations.
Compliance is a Process, Not an Event
Identify and Assess Risk Areas
- Is the company aware of compliance requirements?
- Have any processes or procedures been put in place?
- Are there immediately identifiable red flags?
Develop or Revise Policies and Procedures
- Assist employer to establish or amend processes and procedures to ensure a comprehensive employee handbook
- Establish policies in the event of an investigation.
Train and Educate
- Prepare materials and conduct training for management and employees on employee handbook compliance.
- Continually advise on new rules and regulations and ways to protect the company
Monitor and Audit
- Monitor efficacy of, and compliance with, employee handbook policies and procedures.
Revise and Adapt
- Revise policies and procedures to increase efficiencies, correct deficiencies and adapt to changes in employee handbook rules and regulations.
- Advise and defend companies subject to employee handbook investigation.
- Negotiate with government agencies to reduce fines and penalties for non-compliance.