Tim J. EmmittTim Emmitt Clark Hill
Tim J. Emmitt
Tim J. Emmitt serves as Of Counsel in the Personal Legal Services Practice Group of Clark Hill’s Chicago office.
Tim focuses his practice on estate and trust planning, and administration. His work in this area includes the handling of income, estate and gift inheritance, and generation-skipping tax matters that may arise in the planning or administration stages. Additionally, Tim practices real estate law.
He has lectured to attorneys on the preparation of wills, trusts, shareholder agreements, federal estate gift tax returns, and related planning matters. He has also presented on various topics to the Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education and the Chicago Bar Association.
- Private Professional Services
- Banking & Financial Services
- Real Estate & Development
- Construction & Building Materials
- Elected to Illinois State Bar Association’s Class of Distinguished Counsellors, 2015
- Selected as an “Illinois Super Lawyer” by Illinois Super Lawyers Magazine (2005, 2007-2015)
- Recognized in Who’s Who in American Law (2010 & 2011)
- Named a “Leading Lawyer” in Trust, Will & Estate Planning Law (2011)
- AV® Preeminent™ rating from Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
- Named a “Legal Leader”™ by Chicago’s Top Rated Lawyers™ (2014)
- Expert witness regarding malpractice and breach of ethical duties by attorneys practicing in trust and estate planning, trust and estate administration, and related income and death taxation of trust and estates
- Navy Judge Advocate General Corps (Reserves) Commissioned, 1968 (Retired)