Tammara N. BokmullerTammara Bokmuller Clark Hill
Tammara N. Bokmuller
Tammara Bokmuller routinely defends corporations in Multidistrict Litigations, State Court Coordinated Proceedings and Class Action litigations. She works closely with clients and their in-house counsel to strategically manage nationwide litigations and develop innovative and efficient tactics for resolution. Tammara also consults with clients regarding strategies to advance corporate practices based on developing law and dynamic business needs.
Tammara has extensive experience in employment law, having served as assistant general counsel to a non-profit corporation employing over 1500 individuals. She has handled a myriad of employment disputes for corporate clients including Class Action litigations, wage and hour disputes, Private Attorney General Act claims, unemployment claims, workers compensation trials, as well as wrongful termination, retaliation and discrimination claims. Tammara has been successful in obtaining summary judgment on employment-related matters and affirming those judgments via the successful defense of appeals. She also works closely with clients to evaluate their corporate practices and provide strategic recommendations for better management of employee relations, including counseling for personnel decisions, employee handbooks, and disciplinary actions.
Tammara also represents manufacturers and distributors of medical devices and pharmaceuticals in product liability litigations. She currently serves as National Coordinating Counsel for a generic pharmaceutical company in the Reglan/Metoclopramide and Darvon/Darvocet/Propoxyphene litigations handling actions throughout the United States pending in both state and federal courts. In 2010, Tammara was appointed by the Honorable Richard A. Kramer to serve as liaison counsel on behalf of the generic defendants in the California JCCP Reglan/Metoclopramide litigation coordinated in the San Francisco Superior Court and continued to do so until 2015 when the client reached a global resolution of the nationwide litigation. Tammara has recently served as counsel in coordinated medical device litigations as both National Coordinating Counsel and local counsel and has defended product manufacturers and distributors against environmental and toxic tort claims. Tammara also represents automobile manufacturers in personal injury matters. Representative products include Quinine Sulfate, hormone replacement therapy, Reglan/Metoclopramide, Darvon/Darvocet/Propoxyphene, Cytotec/Misoprostol, pain pumps, cold therapy, power morcellators, thermal wands, wheelchairs, braces, treadmills, ellipticals, Benzene, and Dursban.
- Co-Author, "Small errors can lead to big employer payouts," California Employment Law Letter, March 20, 2017
- Co-Author, "Class dismissed! Arbitration agreement allows dismissal of class action," California Employment Law Letter, September 19, 2016
- Presenter, "California Employment Law: Updates & Changes for 2016," MPP Seminar, January 26, 2016
- Presenter, "California Employment Law: Updates & Changes for 2015," MPP Seminar, Los Angeles, January 28, 2015
- Quoted in "Teva's Bid to Have Injury Suits Tried in Friendlier Jurisdiction Refused" by Melissa Winn, FDA News, September 30, 2013
- "Evolving Theories of Liability Against Brand and Generic Drug Manufacturers," DRI - For the Defense, September 2013
- Quoted in "Citing CAFA, Industry Clamors to Keep Suits in Mensing-Friendly Federal Court" by Melissa Winn, FDA News, August 12, 2013
- "MPP Victorious in Tenth Circuit on Issue of Federal Preemption of Warranty Claims," Email Alert, September 5, 2013
- "Courts Increasingly Allow Plaintiffs to Litigate Claims Rooted in Alleged Violations of Federal Law," Email Alert, April 9, 2013
- "New CMS Reporting Requirements for Drug and Device Manufacturers," Email Alert, February 5, 2013
- Quoted in "Generic Drug Suits Gets Legs" by Mandy Jackson, Los Angeles Daily Journal, January 31, 2012