Sue S. JunnSue Junn Clark Hill
Sue S. Junn
Sue Junn’s primary area of practice is civil litigation with an emphasis in defending health facilities and their owners and operators against claims based in negligence, intentional misconduct, statutory violations, and cases involving catastrophic injuries and punitive damages. She handles all aspects of litigation from law and motion practice through discovery, settlement negotiations, and trial. Sue has won numerous summary judgment motions to successfully secure dismissals for her clients prior to trial; however, where trial becomes necessary, Sue is involved in the aggressive defense of her clients in the courtroom.
Sue’s experience also includes the representation of clients in mass tort litigation, in both multi-district litigation and state coordinated proceedings throughout the United States. In the mass tort drug litigation in California, In Re: Baycol Cases I & II, Sue not only defended individual physicians against medical malpractice claims, but also played a leading role in successfully managing and coordinating the direction of the litigation on behalf of the entire group of physician defendants. Sue has also served as national coordinating counsel in a nationwide mass tort drug and device litigation.
Sue is a Certified Informational Privacy Professional (CIPP/US). She provides services to businesses and organizations relating to the protection of informational privacy and cyber data security issues ranging from privacy impact assessments to structuring privacy governance policies and procedures and implementing best practices to respond to data breach incidents in compliance with various state and federal laws.
In addition, Sue has represented employers in actions involving wrongful termination and sexual harassment, as well as wage and hour claims and various labor code violations before the State of California Labor Commissioner. Sue is a trusted advisor to provide counseling and guidance to her clients on various issues that may arise during the employer-employee relationship.
Sue has also conducted educational seminars and in-service training for staff to help her clients manage the risks of litigation by implementing best practices.
- Author, "No Smoking Law Extended to Owner-Operated Businesses, Employee Breakrooms, and More", MPP Email Alert, November 15, 2016
- Co-Author, "New round of legislation: Governor signs laws protecting workers' rights", California Employment Law Letter, October 24, 2016
- Co-Author, "Arbitration agreement may not be enforceable under federal, California law", California Employment Law Letter, November 23, 2015
- Presentation on "Recent Employment Law Updates and Changes Affecting California Employers", Co-Presenter, Pacific City Bank & APABA's Joint Workshop for Small Business Owners, October 22, 2015
- Presentation on "Risk Management Tools for Healthcare Professionals" at Yo San University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, June 16, 2015
- Presentation on "We Have An Incident – What Do We Do Next?", Presenter, CGV Cinema, June 26, 2013
- "New SMART Act Sets Time Frames for Medicare Conditional Payment Information," Email Alert, March 11, 2013
- "SMART Act Streamlines Medicare Process," Los Angeles Daily Journal, March 1, 2013
- "Strict Products Liability Design Defect Claims - How Much Protection Do Industry Standards Provide?" July 5, 2012
- MCLE Presentation on "Beware – Medicare Wants Its Share! Navigating Settlements With Medicare Recipient Plaintiffs," Co-Presenter, Morris Polich & Purdy, LLP, September 2, 2010
- Presentation on "Risk Management Tools for Healthcare Providers" to the California Association of Bioanalysts (CAB), March 20, 2010
- Presentation on "Legal Ramifications of Documentation," Speaker, Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center Chalet, February 23, 2009
- Presentation on "Legal Ramifications of Documentation," Speaker, Inland Christian Home, Inc., January 29, 2009
- Presentation on "Financial Elder Abuse: The Law And Its Impact On Financial Professionals," Guest Speaker, Estate Planning Council of San Gabriel Valley, October 20, 2008
- "Success, Money, Power and Women," Panel Speaker, National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors, Los Angeles Chapter, April 2008
- "Financial Elder Abuse," Guest Speaker, Seventh Annual Allied Professionals Education Day, Society of Financial Service Professionals, San Diego Chapter, January 23, 2008
- "Presentation on Financial Elder Abuse," Guest Speaker, Society of Financial Service Professionals, Los Angeles Chapter, November 8, 2007