Stephanie K. RawittStephanie Rawitt Clark Hill
Stephanie K. Rawitt
Stephanie K. Rawitt provides services and advice to employers on employment and labor matters. She represents a variety of clients including hospitals, public entities, non-profit organizations, private businesses, colleges, universities, and corporations.
Stephanie is a trusted advisor to both public and private companies. She works with Human Resources Departments to create, manage and maintain up-to-date employment policies and procedures to ensure that their companies are in compliance with Federal, State and Local laws. Stephanie advises employers on issues concerning statutory compliance with employment laws (such as the ADA, Title VII, the ADEA, FLSA, FMLA, Form I-9 Compliance and state wage laws). As part of her advisory service, she offers training programs on a full range of employment matters as well as assistance to personnel management on issues related to hiring, performance, assessment, monitoring, investigations, discipline, discharge, workforce reduction programs, affirmative action plans, and risk assessments.
In addition to her advisory services, Stephanie has counseled employers through workplace investigations. She also has significant experience in handling a full range of employment-related liability matters, including wrongful termination, grievance claims, discrimination, sexual harassment, wage and hour claims, federal civil rights claims, federal and state statutory claims (Title VII, FMLA, ADA, ADEA, FLSA, PHRA), and related tort claims (defamation, breach of contract, negligent infliction of emotional distress, intentional infliction of emotional distress, etc.).
Stephanie has litigated cases before state and federal courts and various administrative agencies including the EEOC and PHRC.
Stephanie is Martindale-Hubbell Law Firm Directory “AV-Preeminent®” rated and has also been recognized as a 2011 Top Women Lawyer in the Northeast by Arrive Magazine.
Stephanie currently serves as the Co-Chair of Clark Hill BOLD - Philadelphia, the firm's strategy to promote women within the firm, the legal profession, and the business community.
- Presenter, "Cybersecurity Attacks in the World of Employment," Pennsylvania Bar Institute, April 2018
- Presenter,"Cybersecurity & Employment - Protecting your business from the inside," Chester County SHRM - Leadership & More Summit, April 2018
- "2018: The Year of the Dog...Or is It the Year of the Employer," PA Law Weekly, January 2018.
- “Year in Review: What Just Happened?,” presented to Human Resource Directors of large corporate client, June 2017.
- Moderator and Co-Presenter, “Hi, I am from the Department of Labor and I would like to see Your Pay Records,” PBI Employment Law Institute, April 2017.
- Presenter, “Hot Topics in Labor and Employment Law,” Delaware Valley Labor and Employment Law Conference, April 2017.
- Presenter, “Wage and Hour Issues in 2017,” Delaware Valley Labor and Employment Law Conference, April 2017.
- Presenter, “Don’t Pull That Credit Report So Fast – The New Pitfalls of Employee Background Checks,” Delaware Valley Labor and Employment Law Conference, April 2017.
- Presenter, “Spring Cleaning: Is Your Company in Compliance?,” Clark Hill Webinar, March 2017.
- "New Year, New President - How Will Employers Be Affected?," The Legal Intelligencer/Pennsylvania Law Weekly, January 17, 2017.
- Presenter, “Employee Background Checks,” Clark Hill In-House Counsel Webinar, January 2017.
- Presenter, “Making ‘Cents’ of Wage & Hour Laws,” PBI Annual Employment Law Institute, April 2016.
- Presenter, “Hot Topics in Labor & Employment Law,” “Wage & Hour Update,” “Will My Employee Ever Work Full Time and at Full Capacity Again?” Delaware Valley Labor & Employment Law Conference, April 2016.
- “Working Off-The-Clock: Minimizing Wage and Hour Exposure from Digital Devices and Working at Home,” Clark Hill Webinar, March 2016.
- "New Year, New Laws for Employers to Consider," The Legal Intelligencer/Pennsylvania Law Weekly, January 26, 2016.
- Presenter, “Employment Law in the Staffing World,” Clark Hill Webinar, Part 2 of 2, November 3, 2015.
- Presenter, “Employment Law in the Staffing World,” Clark Hill Webinar, Part 1 of 2, October 27, 2015.
- Presenter, “Background Checks: Who, What, Where, When, Why, and How,” Clark Hill Webinar, August 2015.
- “'Employeefication' of a Sharing Economy? Uber Ruling Highlights Independent Contractor Classification Debate,” law.com, June 2015.
- “2015 Employment Law Update and Department of Labor Wage and Hour Overview,” presented to Human Resource Directors of large corporate client, June 2015.
- Presenter, “Hot Labor & Employment Law Topics for 2015,” The Legal Intelligencer In-House Counsel CLE Program, June 2015.
- Presenter, “Am I Properly Classifying My Employees?,” Pennsylvania Bar Institute Employment Law Institute, April 2015.
- Presenter, “Hot Topics in Labor & Employment Law,” Clark Hill Employment Law Conference, April 2015.
- "Mandatory Paid Sick Leave in Philadelphia," E-Alert, February 2015.
- Presented on “Hot Labor and Employment Topics for 2015” to a Risk Management Consultant and Insurance Brokerage Firm, February 2015.
- “An Ounce of Prevention: How to Stay Out of Employment Lawsuits,” Pittsburgh Employment Law Conference, October 2014.
- “The Three R’s of Post-Employment - Releases, Restrictive Covenants, and Reference Requests,” Pittsburgh Employment Law Conference, October 2014.
- Conducted “Workplace Harassment Training” to Restaurant Franchise, September 2014.
- Presented on “Hot Labor and Employment Topics for 2014” to Human Resource Directors of large corporate client, July 2014.
- “Telecommuting is Recognized as an ADA Reasonable Accommodation,” law.com, April 2014.
- Presenter, “A View Through the Looking Glass: Key Issues in Federal and State Wage-and-Hour Laws,” Pennsylvania Bar Institute Employment Law Institute, April 2014.
- Presenter, “Amendments to the Pennsylvania Rules of Professional Conduct,” The Legal Intelligencer In-House Counsel CLE Program, March 2014.
- Presenter, “Hot Labor & Employment Topics for Human Resources in 2014,” Clark Hill Employment Law Conference, March 2014.
- "Legislating Workplace Bullying," law.com, March 2014.
- “Stirring the Pot: Workplace Drug Policy Implementation in the Era of Legalized Medicinal and Recreational Marijuana,” E-Alert, January 2014.
- “’Old Time Religion’ Takes Center Stage In The Workplace – Religious Discrimination Claims On The Rise,” E-Alert, November 2013.
- “ADA/FMLA Compliance: Traps for the Unwary,” CHTR Employment Law Conference, October 2013.
- Presentation on EEOC Update and The Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) Act, September 2013.
- Presented on the topic of wage and hour law issues to Human Resource Directors of large corporate client, 2012.
- Presented on the topic of Form I-9 Compliance to large broadcasting and entertainment company client, 2012.
- Co-author, “Protecting Against Negligent Hiring,” The Legal Intelligencer, May 31, 2000.
- “State Immune From Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA) Claims,” Counterpoint, April 2000.
- “No Jury Trial for Plaintiffs Under PHRA,” PDI News, March 2000.
- “U.S. Supreme Court’s Kumho Ruling Applies Daubert to Non-Scientific Evidence,” (Co-author), Counterpoint, July 1999.
- Previous Contributor, Labor Report, a monthly publication of the Pennsylvania Chamber of Business Industry.