Ryan B. DeLauneRyan DeLaune Clark Hill
Ryan B. DeLaune
Ryan B. DeLaune represents clients in litigation matters with an emphasis on fidelity and surety claims, construction, insurance coverage, transportation, professional liability and general commercial matters. Ryan also has experience representing debtors and creditors in corporate reorganizations, as well as in insolvency-related litigation.
During law school, Ryan served as an intern to the Honorable Eldon Fallon, United States District Court Judge for the Eastern District of Louisiana.
- Representation of various sureties in disputes involving obligations relating to payment, performance, and miscellaneous bonds.
- Representation of various sureties in indemnity actions and general collection efforts.
- Representation of national restaurant owner/operator in commercial lease dispute with landlord
- Represented national insurer in complex multi-party Federal and state litigation in Mississippi arising from premium finance fraud perpetrated by insurance agent.
- Representation of various sureties in highway construction disputes.
- Represented global offshore drilling company as the largest unsecured creditor in the chapter 11 cases of its spun-off former subsidiaries.
- Represented global telecommunications company in successful contract negotiation.
- Represented the largest unsecured creditor in chapter 11 cases of special purpose entities.
- Represented software technology company as a creditor in chapter 11 case.
- Represented hedge fund in defense of securities fraud action brought in bankruptcy court.
- Legal and Ethical Issues Faced by Sureties and Fidelity Insurers, Zurich CE-CLE Presentation (October 2016)
- Surety's Overpayment Defense, Zurich's CE-CLE Extravaganza (October 2013)
- Recent Changes to Laws Affecting the Texas Surety and Construction Industry: Waiver and Release, Retainage, Attorneys' Fees and Indemnification Clauses, Client Presentation (March 2012)
- Limitations on Contractor's Right Of Set-Off, American Bar Association's Fidelity and Surety Law Committee Newsletter [subscription required] (Spring 2017)
- Co-author. Protecting Communications with Surety Consultant, 27th Annual Northeast Surety and Fidelity Claims Conference (September 2016)
- Contributor. Fidelity Law Update, Surety & Fidelity Claims Institute Annual Meeting (June 2015)
- Co-author. Protection of the Penal Sum by the Takeover Surety, Gulfcoast Fidelity & Surety Institute (May 2015)
- Co-author. Whose Fault Is It Anyway?: An Overview of Liabilities for Design Defects on Construction Projects, Gulfcoast Fidelity & Surety Institute (May/June 2014)
- Contributor. Takeover in Bond Default Manual, Ch. 5, 363-457 (Mike F. Pipkin et al. eds. 4th ed. 2014)
- Contributor. The Surety's Subrogation Rights Against Third Parties, The Contract Bond Surety's Subrogation Rights, Ch. 16 (George J. Bachrach et al. eds. 2013)
- Contributor. Buried Treasure: An Analysis of the Surety's Potential Claim Against its Principal's Bank for Wrongful Setoff, Gulfcoast Fidelity & Surety Institute (May/June 2012)
- Co-author. First Lien/Second Lien Intercreditor Agreements, 30th Annual Jay L. Westbrook Bankruptcy Conference (November 2011)