Roberta FreedmanRoberta Freedman Clark Hill
Clark Hill is deeply saddened at the passing of our friend and colleague, Roberta Freedman, on November 2, 2014. We are grateful for her years of dedicated service to our firm and clients. We express our heartfelt condolences to Roberta's family and to her many friends and colleagues. She will be dearly missed. In honor of Roberta’s contributions to Clark Hill and the community, her biography remains on our site.
Roberta Freedman was a member in Clark Hill’s Washington, D.C. office, who co-chaired the Immigration Practice Group and concentrated her practice in the area of immigration and nationality law. Roberta had more than 30 years of experience in representing clients, including business professionals, physicians, healthcare providers, outstanding professors and researchers, and Fortune 500 corporations. She was selected by the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS) to lead high-profile joint CIS-private sector projects.
Roberta was an active member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) and was the past Chair of the Washington, D.C. Chapter, past Director of the Board of Governors, and had been appointed to serve and chair on a number of AILA national committees. She was also a former member of the Coordinating Committee on Immigration Law of the American Bar Association (ABA).
- American Immigration Lawyers Association 1986-2014
- National Appointments and Elected Positions
- Director, Board of Governors (1996-1999)
- Member, Student and Scholars Committee (2011-2014)
- Member, Health Care Professionals – Physicians Committee (2008-2010)
- Chairperson, Department of State Visa Office Liaison Committee (1998-1999)
- Chairperson, Information and Technology Committee (1997-1998)
- Co-Chairperson, Vermont Service Center Liaison (1996-1997)
- Chairperson, Improved Adjudications Task Force (1994-1995)
- Co-Chair, INS Headquarters Liaison Committee (1993-1994)
- Co-Chair, Physicians Task Force (1991-1992)
- Chairperson, Washington DC Chapter (1991-1993)
- American Bar Association (1983-2014)
- Vice-Chair Immigration Law Committee (1998-2000)
- Member, Coordinating Committee on Immigration Law (1999-2002)
Civic and Charitable Activities
- Capital Area Immigrants Rights Coalition (CAIR), Member, Legal Advisory Board, 2001-2014
- The American International Recruitment Council (AIRC), Member, Certification Board, 2009-2014
- Judge, “Regional Competition,” ABA National Appellate Advocacy Competition, Washington, D.C., 2003
- Develop and Mentor Volunteer Attorney Program, Federation of Greater Washington, Community Resettlement Program, “Project Citizenship,” Rockville, Maryland, 1997-2001
- Participant, Council of Latino Agencies, Washington, D.C., 1997
- Peer Reviewer, National Institute of Justice’s Illegal Immigration Peer Review Panel, Washington, D.C., 1995
To see a complete list of all of Roberta’s presentations and publications, click here.