Lauri A. KavulichLauri Kavulich Clark Hill
Lauri A. Kavulich
Lauri A. Kavulich is Member-in-Charge of Clark Hill's Philadelphia office. She serves as both a litigator and consultant to clients of the firm in the areas of labor and employment law, § 1983 civil rights litigation, FELA and workers' compensation.
Lauri handles employment practice litigation in state and federal administrative proceedings and courts for governmental entities, large and small employers, either self-insured or through insurance carriers, and has extensive experience in grievance arbitrations and issues that arise under collective bargaining agreements. She also handles FELA (injuries to railroad workers) and workers compensation claims. She is a certified workers' compensation specialist in Pennsylvania.
Lauri also handles § 1983 litigation for government entities, and has successfully defended such entities.
Lauri has represented both insured and self-insured employers, from Fortune 500 companies and large government entities, to sole proprietorships in employment practices and labor disputes at all administrative, court and appellate levels. She serves as a consultant to self-insured and high deductible employers in all aspects of their risk management program, from identifying issues in the collective bargaining agreement which impact their employment practices and workers' compensation programs, to developing procedures for her clients in the investigation and handling of employment claims. She also has extensive experience in handling cases arising out of OCIP policies and the unique situations involved in an OCIP program.
Lauri lectures regularly to the Philadelphia and Pennsylvania Bar Associations and various claims organizations. She is licensed to practice in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. She has been named a Super Lawyer by Philadelphia Magazine from 2004 to present, and was voted one of the Top 50 Female Lawyers in Pennsylvania.
Lauri is a Board Member for the Independence Visitor Center in Philadelphia and the William Way LGBT Community Center.
- Presenter, "Best Practices in ADA, FMLA, and Workers' Compensation," Lorman Webinar, September 2017
- Presenter, “ADA, FMLA & Workers’ Compensation,” Clark Hill Webinar, May 2017
- Presenter, “FMLA Compliance – What Every Employer Needs to Know,” Delaware Valley Labor and Employment Law Conference, April 2017
- Speaker, “Employment Law Updates – Changes in Employment Laws That You Need to Know,” CLE After Hours, NALS of Philadelphia, February 2017
- Presenter, “Don’t Let Workers’ Comp Claims Generate FMLA, ADA, or Discrimination Complaints,” 25th Annual National Workers' Compensation & Disability Conference & Expo, New Orleans, LA, November 2016
- “When a Workers’ Comp Case Turns Into a Minefield of Litigation,” The Legal Intelligencer, Labor & Employment Special Section, November 2016
- Presenter, “Employment Issues Arising Out of a Personal Injury Claim,” Dispute Resolution Institute’s 3rd Annual Personal Injury Practicum, Philadelphia, November 2016
- Presenter, “Workers Compensation and FMLA and ADA Claims,” Greater Philadelphia Executive Claims Counsel, September 2016
- "What Employers Need to Know About Pennsylvania's New Medical Marijuana Act," E-Alert, May 2016
- "The Impact of the Medical Marijuana Act on Employers," The Legal Intelligencer / Pennsylvania Law Weekly, April 2016
- Presenter, “Hot Topics in Labor & Employment Law,” “Mental Health Issues in the Workplace,” “Will My Employee Ever Work Full Time and at Full Capacity Again?” Delaware Valley Labor & Employment Law Conference, April 2016
- Speaker: ACI's 18th National Forum on Asbestos Claims and Litigation, "Update on Pennsylvania's 'HOT TOPICS' in Asbestos"