Kimberly W. BurnsKimberly Burns Clark Hill
Kimberly W. Burns
Kimberly Ward Burns is a member in our General Corporate / Mergers & Acquisitions Practice Group. She has experience serving individuals and corporate clients, including both for-profit and non-profit entities, and established and emerging growth companies.
In addition to providing general counsel and advice to clients on matters including business formation, corporate governance, ownership succession issues, business planning, the preparation and negotiation of a variety of contracts and transactional documents, Kimberly assists clients in evaluating, structuring, negotiating and documenting complex transactions, including mergers, acquisitions and divestitures, corporate reorganizations, financing transactions (debt and equity), joint ventures (domestic and international) and real estate acquisitions, sales and leasing. She has served clients in a wide variety of areas, including manufacturing and distribution, transportation and logistics, franchising, healthcare and entertainment industries. Kimberly has also represented individuals in a wide array of matters, including stock redemptions, executive compensation and severance matters.
Prior to attending law school Kimberly was employed by the New England Regional Office of the American Arbitration Association, where she supervised the commercial, construction, and insurance caseloads and was responsible for coordinating the screening of new members of the arbitration panel and coordinating and conducting arbitrator training programs. During this time Kimberly completed a Basic Mediation Training Program (33 hours) facilitated by the Cambridge Dispute Settlement Center.
- Presenter, "Big Changes for LLCs, LLPs, LPs and GPs," PBI Seminar, March and July, 2017.
- Presenter, "Mergers & Acquisitions," Maher Duessel Annual Non-Profit Update Seminar, July 2015.
- Presenter, "Mergers & Acquisitions: Developments and Practice Tips," PBI Seminar, June 2015.
- Presenter, "The New Pennsylvania Law on Entity Transactions," PBI Seminar, May 2015.
- Presenter, "Piercing the Corporate Veil," PBI Seminar, May 2012.
- "Entering the United States Market: Business Entity Selection, Location and Formation," Communiqué, April 2012.
- Presenter, “Post Closing Price Adjustments,” Financial Executives International (Pittsburgh Chapter) Seminar, March 2012, TRA Seminar, November 2012.
- Presenter, “Commercial Document Series 2011 – LLC Documents,” PBI Seminar, March 2011.
- Presenter, “Preparing LLC Documents,” PBI Seminar, March 2010.
- Presenter, “Business Valuation Issues and Opportunities in a Down Economy,” TRA seminar, January 2010.
- Presenter, “Dealing with Financially Troubled Companies,” TRA seminar, June 2009.
Counsel to mid-market health care companies including cancer treatment centers, dialysis centers, sleep labs, and ambulatory surgery centers providing lead counsel and coordinating legal counsel on a wide array of matters including corporate matters, operations, acquisition and divestiture transactions, joint venture projects, corporate governance, business planning and financial transactions, and legal compliance.