Joseph R. StrubleJoseph Struble Clark Hill
Joseph R. Struble
Joe Struble focuses his practice on corporate law and business transactions. From business formation to ultimate disposition, Joe acts as a trusted advisor by providing value-added legal advice that helps clients resolve problems, achieve their goals, and plan for the road ahead.
BUSINESS & CORPORATE
- Prepared and negotiated business formation documents, governing documents, and shareholders' agreements.
- Counseled business owners and companies on corporate restructuring, entity conversions, equity investments, the contribution and transfer of assets, succession planning, and management's fiduciary duties.
- Negotiated and drafted contracts, loans, promissory notes, and security agreements.
- Advised on the purchase, lease and operation of private aircraft.
MERGERS & ACQUISITIONS
- Prepared and negotiated asset purchase agreements, equity interest purchase agreements, and merger agreements.
- Represented a diversified equipment manufacturer in the strategic acquisition of a private manufacturing company.
- Represented an industrial equipment company in the sale of its tire division to an international tire manufacturer.
- Represented an ecommerce company in the sale of the company's assets.
- Represented a strategic buyer in the acquisition of the assets of a technology company.
- Represented a private energy company as both buyer and seller in multiple asset purchase transactions.
- Represented a successful stalking horse bidder in the acquisition of the assets of a bankrupt technology company.
- Represented a Texas corporation in a 'freeze-out' merger to buy-out minority shareholders.
- Represented a healthcare group in a dispute among equity owners.
- Represented a business owner in a dispute over the distribution of corporate assets and the dissolution of the corporation.
- Analyzed indemnity, earn-out, and representation and warranty provisions in purchase agreements to develop litigation strategy.
- Starting a New Business in the Wake of Tax Reform, UTSA CITE Technology Entrepreneurship Boot Camp (February 2018)
- S-Corp vs. Partnership Taxation: Tales of Busted Deals, Broken Promises and How Wise Planning Can Save the Day, San Antonio CPA Society (October 2017)
- Why an LLC is Right for Your First Start-Up, UTSA CITE Technology Entrepreneurship Boot Camp (October 2017)
- Anatomy of an Asset Purchase: Strategies for Adding Value, San Antonio CPA Society (August 2017)
- Overview of Business Entities and Tax Considerations, San Antonio Chapter of the Texas Society of Enrolled Agents (May 2017)
- The Good and the Bad: S-Corp vs. Partnership Taxation and the Alternative Entity Structure of an LLC Taxed as an S-Corp, San Antonio CPA Society (January 2017)
- Manufacturing Industry Tax Benefits & Incentives: Understanding Interest Charge Domestic International Sales Corporations (IC-DISCs), San Antonio CPA Society (November 2016)
- Steps to 'Freeze Out' a Minority Shareholder in Texas, Strasburger Closely-Held Companies Blog (May 2017)
- Co-author. Considering the Alternative Entity Structure of an LLC Taxed as an S-Corp, Today's CPA (March/April 2017)
- Strategic Use of the Divisive Merger in Texas, Strasburger Closely-Held Companies Blog (January 2017)
- Thinking of Selling Your Craft Brewery? Consider These Points, Houston Business Journal (December 2016)
- An Early Roll of the Dice: Appeal Under Conditional Finality in Federal Court, 50 Hous. L. Rev. 221 (2012)
- Co-author. The Challenges of Implementing Bans on Advertising, Promotion, and Sponsorship, Tobacco Control in Africa: People, Politics, and Policies (2011)