Jonathan A. PeckhamJonathan Peckham Clark Hill
Jonathan A. Peckham
Jonathan A. Peckham represents local, regional and national clients, both entrepreneurial and institutional, in purchase, sale, financing, development, management, operation, brokerage and investment in commercial real estate of all product types. These include: multi-family; office; hotel/hospitality; retail; industrial; hospitals/medical facilities/medical office buildings; mixed-use urban; and specialty properties (including assets such as marinas, golf resorts, etc.). Jon is very experienced with all aspects of hotel development projects (as well as sale and purchase transactions), including related service agreements and franchises.
Jon also represents (i) developers of public-private projects, including negotiation of ground leases, tax abatement and incentive agreements, etc., and (ii) land developers & investors, including subdivision developers of master-planned residential communities. Being highly experienced with all forms of commercial leasing (including complex build-to-suit), purchase/sale, and investment transactions from both sides, as well as construction contract negotiation and preparation, Jon is able to guide his clients through complex and multi-party development and leasing transactions.
Jon is Board Certified in Commercial Real Estate Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. He is also LEED AP® certified (Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design - Accredited Professional) by the U.S. Green Building Certification Institute® , demonstrating his support for the community and his clients' "green building" efforts.
- Representation of New Jersey/New York based family office (of HNW individuals) in joint ventures and leading acquisition, financing and disposition of multiple apartment properties in Houston metropolitan area for over 20 years, including several LIHTC projects.
- Representation of Houston/Dallas based company in acquisition and disposition of over 2 million s.f. of retail and office properties.
- Representation of British-based hotel company in acquisition and disposition of major hotel portfolio in multiple cities in Texas.
- 15 years representing Texas subdivision developer-homebuilder in purchase, development, & master restriction of multiple large master planned communities, and sales of commercial acreage for development.
- (i) Representation of medical office building and LTAC hospital developer in all phases of acquisition & development. (ii) Representation of Texas based medical developer in development of $140M hospital.
- Representation of leading industrial build-to-suit builder and owner of office & office/warehouse/service product in and around Houston in build-to-suit to lease and build-to-suit to sell projects.
- Representation of private car wash roll-up entity in purchases of multiple car wash properties in several states.
- Representation of developer of a 650-acre mixed use CRE development near Austin-Bergstrom Airport in Austin, Texas.
- Representation of developer in city lease/redevelopment of old Houston convention center for office and retail mixed use.
- Served as chief Texas counsel to an international paper manufacturer for law firm acting as regional counsel (over 10 states) in sale of over 6.5 million acres of timberland in 25 states (approx. 1.2MM acres in Texas).
- Representation of icon of the Houston apartment industry (who at one time owned over 12,000 units in Houston metro area) in operations as well as disposition and liquidation of a large portion of his apartment property portfolio.
- Represented restauranteurs in negotiating retail leases in various cities across Texas.
- Represented several retail tenants in local retail lease negotiations.
- Negotiated a franchise agreement for a small-region restaurant franchisee who owned its own store.
- Represented landlords negotiating retail leases of multiple types in multiple shopping centers in Texas, exposing us to both sides of the retail lease transaction equation.
- How Hurricane Harvey Created a Perfect Storm for Houston Commercial Leases, Houston Business Journal (November 2017)