Joe RubioJoe Rubio Clark Hill
Joe Rubio serves as an advocate for clients faced with a variety of commercial disputes across a broad spectrum of industries. Joe has extensive experience representing clients in the transportation and logistics industry, as well as matters involving personal injury and wrongful death, premises liability, and products liability. Joe has also prosecuted and defended cases involving probate disputes, breach of fiduciary duty, eminent domain and condemnation, and oil and gas disputes.
As a member of the firm’s international team, Joe also advocates for clients with a variety of international trade compliance issues, including the export of dual-use items, licensing and license exception determination, sanctions administered by the U.S. Office of Foreign Assets Control and the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
- Lead associate on multi-million dollar probate dispute involving claims of lack of testamentary capacity and undue influence.
- Assisted with representation of hospital district in multi-million dollar condemnation dispute resolved successfully at mediation.
- Lead associate in representation of mineral interest owner in numerous disputes with various operators regarding failure to pay royalty and oil and gas lease breaches.
- Assisted in representing a group of mineral rights owners in a bench trial in Zapata County arising from a dispute as to whether our clients actually owned their portion of the overriding royalty interest, and consequently whether defendant had properly paid our clients royalties according to the lease.
- Assisted with preparation and successful effort to obtain temporary restraining order for central Texas landowners against former agent in matter involving disputed allocation of funds from deer/grazing lease.
TRANSPORTATION & LOGISTICS
- Lead associate and second chair on wrongful death and gross negligence case filed against employer by survivors of deceased employee in a plaintiff-friendly venue in Nueces County; assisted with successful resolution of case at mediation involving the fatality of mud logging company's employee in single-car automobile accident.
- Primarily responsible for day- to-day handling of a case for a large domestic trucking company involving personal injuries arising from a motor vehicle accident; case preparation led to a successful settlement for this subsidiary of a Fortune 75 corporation.
- Assisted with case preparation leading to successful settlement of another personal injury case against the same trucking company; was directly responsible for defending client against plaintiff's motion to compel the execution of a settlement agreement and obtained a favorable ruling from court, allowing client to obtain desired release language before remitting settlement funds.
- Advised multiple clients, including a global pharmaceutical company æand an international transportation company, on matters related to export compliance, including compliance audits.
- Foreign Corrupt Practice Act / Complying with Export Controls,æRio Grande Valley Chapter of CPAs (October 2014)