Jeffrey J. Van WinkleJeffrey Van Winkle Clark Hill
Jeffrey J. Van Winkle
Jeff Van Winkle represents businesses and entrepreneurs actively seeking to create or provide exceptional services or products. In today’s business and legal marketplace, he coordinates and leads exceptional attorneys and other professionals to provide the resources his clients require. Jeff directly provides general counsel services, securities law compliance counseling, and legal guidance for multinational business activities and transactional legal services to clients throughout the Midwest.
Jeff actively represents many businesses based outside of the United States in their inbound business activities, their operation of the US subsidiary entities, and their acquisition of additional facilities and businesses in the US. The pace of cross-border activity continues to grow, sometimes fueled by opportunities and, at times, by uncertainty. Jeff’s experience across industries and his extensive knowledge of legal issues for midsize and small businesses is relied upon by many businesses based in Europe, the United Kingdom, and Central and South America as well as parts of Asia. The team of transactional, finance, employment and IP attorneys working with Jeff for these clients provides an unmatched resource in Chicago, Michigan, and other parts of the Midwest region. Additionally, Jeff’s position as a Board member and Treasurer for Globalaw, a leading legal network, provides him contacts throughout the world to assist US-based clients seeking international expansion.
Jeff earned his Bachelor of Arts degree from Calvin College in 1982 and his law degree from the University of Michigan Law School in 1987.
- Jeff guided an early stage client in negotiations with a leading beverage distributor for a supply agreement of a disruptive packaging solution.
- Jeff assisted a family business in negotiating and closing the sale of an automotive supply industry business to a non-US business, ensuring the smooth transition for a new generation of family ownership.
- Jeff represented a technology and service business, with operations in India and the UK, to commence operations in the US through the acquisition of two entrepreneurial businesses in the US.
- Jeff represented a Taiwanese business pursuing US investors and business development opportunities to implement innovative product and manufacturing solutions.
- Jeff assisted an investor group in developing a legal structure suitable for rapid, flexible growth, enabling it to strategically align with a significant financial investor, propelling key growth in size and profits.
- Jeff continues to represent select family offices, startups, and emerging growth businesses in key transactions, capital raising, and many other legal issues confronted by these organizations. Through effective integration of key specialties, including intellectual property and employment and benefits law, he comprehensively assists businesses out of the startup phase into growth and expansion.