James H. DemerjianJames Demerjian Clark Hill
James H. Demerjian
James H. Demerjian is a Senior Attorney in Clark Hill's Los Angeles office. His practice focuses on civil litigation, specializing in employment law and federal civil rights and government liability. James has litigated numerous cases in both federal and state courts, as well as before governmental agencies and arbitration. James has represented various private and public entities in the areas of labor and employment law. His experience includes handling litigation and claims of wrongful termination, retaliation, discrimination, harassment, wage and hour, and violations of civil rights, along with providing employment law training and counsel to clients.
James's career began in the Burbank City Attorney's office, where he tried a case before a jury on the day after he was sworn in. His efforts are always geared towards obtaining a favorable resolution for his clients, whether by way of court order or settlement. Prior to becoming an attorney, James worked in politics as a field director and political director on presidential and gubernatorial campaigns.
In his spare time, James enjoys spending time with his lovely wife, daughters, parents, siblings, and nephew, playing basketball and racquetball, playing guitar, and cooking.
- Co-Author, "So close, yet so far—can of worms opens over settled lawsuit", California Employment Law Letter, November 20, 2017
- Co-Author, "Vroom! Vroom! New driving laws you should know about," California Employment Law Letter, February 27, 2017
- Presenter, "California Employment Law: Updates & Changes for 2017," MPP Seminar, February 7, 2017
- Co-Author, "California court decision shows one-sidedness of recovering attorneys' fees," California Employment Law Letter, July 25, 2016
- Co-Author, "Rules are rules—technicality saves two business owners from attorneys’ fees under PAGA," California Employment Law Letter, March 28, 2016
- Presenter, "California Employment Law: Updates & Changes for 2016," MPP Seminar, January 26, 2016
- Co-Author, "Court allows firing of police officer on relieved-of-duty status," California Employment Law Letter, October 26, 2015
- "California Employment Law: Updates & Changes for 2015," Presenter, MPP Seminar, Los Angeles, January 28, 2015
- "Extension of FEHA Protections Slated for 2015 - What You Need to Know," Email Alert, October 21, 2014