Holiday D. PowellHoliday Powell Clark Hill
Holiday D. Powell
Holiday Powell focuses her practice on complex business and product liability litigation. She defends a broad range of domestic and international clients in business and real estate disputes, mass torts, and pharmaceutical, medical device, automotive, consumer and other product liability litigation. She has a depth of experience with automobile manufacturers and the Song-Beverly Consumer Warranty Act, including trials. She is involved in all aspects of state and federal court litigation, including trials and appeals. Holiday was nominated a Southern California Super Lawyers Rising Star in 2013, 2014 and 2015 and a Northern California Super Lawyers Rising Star in 2015 and 2016. She is Co-Chair of the Business Litigation Substantive Law Committee and Member of the Executive Committee of the Association of Defense Counsel of Northern and California and Nevada. In addition, she serves as the Marketing Chair for the Mass Torts and Class Action Specialized Litigation Group of the Defense Research Institute’s Product Liability Substantive Law Committee.
Holiday graduated from Loyola Law School as a Public Interest Scholar. While in law school, she served as a law clerk for the California Department of Justice, Office of Attorney General, and LAMBDA Legal Defense and Education Fund. She was also a member of the Loyola of Los Angeles International and Comparative Law Review.
Prior to law school, Holiday was a fellow at the New Zealand Center for Strategy Studies, where she authored “The Road to Sovereignty in the Pacific: A Framework for Pacific Island Development Policy.” Her past experience also includes foreign policy work with the American Enterprise Institute in Washington, DC, and children's advocacy work at the Alliance for Children's Rights in Los Angeles, CA.
Holiday graduated cum laude from UCLA with a degree in Political Science and Spanish. While at UCLA, she was a member of the UCLA Women's Swim Team. She continues to enjoy participating in athletic competitions in her spare time.
- Author, "The New FDA Nutrition Facts Label: Sweet For Consumers, But Not So Sweet For Manufacturers," Defense Comment, Association of Defense Counsel, Fall 2016
- Presenter, "Proactive Risk Management for Satellite Developers in Today's Product Liability Minefield, 30th Annual AIAA/USU Conference on Small Satellites, August 9, 2016
- Presenter, "Results of the Law Firm Management Survey," Association of Defense Counsel of California & Nevada's 2015 Business of Law Seminar, August 2015
- "Rainmaking in a Competitive Environment: What a Young Lawyer Can Do to Start Building a Book of Business," ABA's Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Committee Newsletter, Spring 2014
- "Rainmaking in a Competitive Environment: What a Young Lawyer Can Do to Start Building a Book of Business," ASCDC’s Verdict magazine, 2013 Vol. 3
- Co-author, "Point-of-Use Devices Raise Specter of Liability of Water Providers," American Water Works Association California-Nevada Section, SOURCE Magazine, Vol.26 Number 4, Fall 2012
- MPP Email Alert, "Court of Appeal Upholds Component Part Supplier Defense," February 9, 2012
- "The Road to Sovereignty in the Pacific: A Framework for Pacific Island Development Policy." New Zealand Center for Strategic Studies, Wellington, NZ, 2003