Fermin M. MendezFermin Mendez Clark Hill
Fermin M. Mendez
Fermin Miguel Mendez counsels clients on a variety of corporate matters as an associate attorney in Clark Hill’s Detroit office, where he practices in the Corporate Practice Group. He advises clients on matters including general corporate law, formation and entity selection, venture capital, and mergers and acquisitions. Fermin regularly provides companies and entrepreneurs advice on employee onboarding, intellectual property, the sale of securities, and various other business considerations.
Fermin graduated from University of Michigan Law School, where he spent three semesters as a student attorney with the Michigan Law Entrepreneurship Clinic, working with early-stage/student-led ventures in the Ann Arbor Area. He was also an Articles Editor on the Michigan Telecommunications and Technology Law Review.
He earned his undergraduate degree at Harvard University, where he wrestled on the men’s division one wrestling team. Fermin is currently a wrestling coach and board member of Beat the Streets Detroit.
- Assisted chemical manufacturer in sale of its assets
- Counseled venture-backed technology company in sale/reorganization to private equity buyer
- Assisted in the sale of distressed assets of equipment manufacturer
- Advised strategic buyer on the purchase of emergency vehicle manufacturer
- Counseled mental health services company in its convertible note/seed round
- Assisted sports management/mobile software company in its convertible note/seed round
- Supported firearms/munitions company in its seed round and in developing its corporate structure for retail