Ethan M. DennisEthan Dennis Clark Hill
Ethan M. Dennis
Ethan M. Dennis is an Associate in Clark Hill's Labor & Employment practice group and an ATIXA certified Title IX investigator. Ethan represents a variety of public and private employers in labor matters, including collective bargaining, labor arbitrations, and unfair labor practice charges. He also defends employers in litigation brought by employees claiming discrimination, retaliation, breach of contract, wrongful termination, and denial of wages and benefits. Ethan counsels public and private employers on day-to-day management of union and non-union employees, drafts workplace policies, and conducts trainings for management and employees. Ethan also has experience in representing national and regional businesses in complex commercial litigation.
While attending law school, Ethan served on the Administrative Law Review, the official law journal of the American Bar Association Section of Administrative Law & Regulatory Practice, and successfully represented low-income taxpayers in resolving their disputes with the Internal Revenue System as a member of the Janet R. Spragens Federal Tax Clinic.
Prior to becoming an attorney, Ethan worked as a researcher for a gubernatorial campaign and for a political consultant that provided services to United States Senate campaigns, state legislative caucuses, and political advocacy organizations.
Ethan has been selected for inclusion in Pennsylvania Super Lawyers – Rising Stars Edition, in 2015, 2016 and 2017, an honor bestowed upon the top five percent of Pennsylvania lawyers.
- Presenter, “Retaliation – Legal Update and Avoiding Claims,” Delaware Valley Labor and Employment Law Conference, April 2017.
- "EEOC Issues Enforcement Guidance on Retaliation," E-Alert, September 2016.
- Presenter, “Past Practices in Pennsylvania Labor Law,” Clark Hill CLE, July 2016.
- Presenter, “How to Negotiate a Contract Under Act 111 & Act 195,” Clark Hill CLE, June 2016.
- Presenter, “Constitutional Issues in Public Employee Discipline,” Clark Hill CLE, April 2016.
- Presenter, “Bullet-Proofing Your Employee Handbook in the Wake of the NLRB General Counsel Guidance Regarding Lawful Handbook Policies,” Delaware Valley Labor & Employment Law Conference, April 2016.
- “Supreme Court Tie Leaves Public Sector Agency Shops In Place…For Now,” E-Alert, March 2016.
- Presenter, “Background Checks: Who, What, Where, When, Why, and How,” Clark Hill Webinar, August 2015.